Midnight. Swordfight.

Previous | << 1 2 3 >> | Next | Show All

- lavieenmeow, June 21, 2021

- Minidoc, January 24, 2021

A Genuine Pleasure to Play, January 15, 2021

I played this first a few years ago, but recently I decided I wanted to try it again. The writing and energy of this story is unique and playful in a way that makes it incredibly memorable.

I wish there was a comprehensive guide to all endings, but I also understand that maintaining the mystery is part of the purpose of having so many endings in the first place. Behind the curtain, Groover says that there are "more than twenty-five different outcomes". I've found 26 unique combinations, and 15 'named' endings.
Since there is no record if it elsewhere, these are the 15 named endings that I have discovered. There could be more, but I think I might have all of them:
(Spoiler - click to show)Curtain, No Exile Could Have Better Timing, Fuck the Script, Ever Onward, Those who Oink and Run Away Make Live to Oink Another Day, Snicker-Snack Indeed, To Win is to be One, Now That Wasn't Too Hard, Was It?, All is Fair in Love and War, Love Conquers All, It's a Mustery, Ain't It?, The Best Defense is a Good Kielbasa, Keep Your Friends Close and Your Kielbasa Closer, Out of the Frying Pan, into the Tulgey Wood, Memento Mori.

Needless to say, if you enjoy really responsive storytelling, this is for you. If you're even mildly curious, give it a shot - I guarantee you'll get some modicum of enjoyment out of it.

- Laney Berry, September 24, 2020

- Matt W (San Diego, CA), June 27, 2018

- Bartlebooth, June 15, 2018

- Guenni (At home), January 19, 2018

Old Games Italia

In definitiva, Midnight. Swordfight. di Chandler Groover un divertissement che prende per mano l'avventuriero esortandolo a danzare in un giardino panoramico in cui sia stata edificata una follia dal capriccio di un architetto estroso.

You wrote this review - Revise it | Add a comment