Galatea

- PawnStar, December 6, 2012

- Artran (Prague, Czech Republic), December 3, 2012

- deem7c0, November 5, 2012

Galatea Little Brute, October 16, 2012

Ha! I had to laugh when the statue typed back to me. Good one!

- AADA7A, September 19, 2012

One I'll Return To Many a Time, August 12, 2012

As a new IF player, I often find myself stuck, lost in an unfamiliar world where every step could get me killed. This one, I think, came at just the right time not too long ago.
It's not a difficult game to "beat"--though I use that term loosely--but every move, it seems, generates a different ending, rather than a different death.
And what amazing endings they are.
I was very impressed by the writing in this, first and foremost. Every description, detail, action was described so eloquently that I couldn't help but get caught up in it. Not to mention that I'm quite a fan of Greek mythology, and the use here fascinated me.
One of the few things that struck me as not so great is the limited amount of things to do. Personally, and specifically for this game, I think it works. However, if you're looking for a sprawling map and a lot of places to explore... But really, I didn't think that was much of a problem. It's simple, and I liked that.
So, in short, brilliant ideas for the endings, wonderful writing, and an accessible and fun game. What's not to love? Great for a quick game, when you have a little spare time to enjoy a really cool bit of game.

Previous | << 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >> | Next | Show All | Return to game's main page