Galatea

- Dhary, March 10, 2016

- Mergath, March 5, 2016

- E. W. B., February 24, 2016

One of the first great conversation games, February 3, 2016

Galatea is set in an artificial intelligence exhibit. Galatea, a stone woman brought to life, has mistakenly (or purposefully) been placed here.

You are a journalist, interviewing her to determine how good her "artificial intelligence" is. The answers can lead to anger, romance, supernatural effects, and a host of other possibilities.

It is a fun game to play through a few times. The conversation system is just asking her about more and more things, but the variety is endless.

This game was groundbreaking when it was first released, although later innovations have improved on it (such as the major NPC in Blue Lacuna). This game remains an enjoyable classic, because it isn't just technically impressive, it's enjoyable.

- IFforL2 (Chiayi, Taiwan), January 29, 2016

- ibelongia, June 5, 2015

- chux, May 20, 2015

- blue/green, March 19, 2015

Echoes a previous relationship in scope and power, March 18, 2015

Being that I played this game fifteen years after its release, interacting with Galatea is truly like speaking to a relic from a by-gone time. And just like her, that sense of an ancient creation is also misleading. The words she uses in this game, the descriptions, the sensations granted by interaction, everything about this game is amazing. Never on my life had I expected to run across a game that felt exactly like speaking to a person I had met in real life. In both real life and through chat our relationship was like many of the different paths a player can walk with Galatea. That in itself is haunting, and a testament to how powerful this game is. It's also fun and I had a great time with it. This game is beautiful.

- Thrax, March 12, 2015

- CMG (NYC), February 19, 2015

- hoopla, February 16, 2015

- besmaller (Portland, OR), January 29, 2015

Previous | << 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >> | Next | Show All | Return to game's main page