Duck Ted Bundy

by Coleoptera-Kinbote

"After much deliberation done waist-deep in murked algae-rich waters, you have determined that your base urge is to kill. All other functions of your livelihood, eating, grooming, finding shelter, and so on, are all in service of this urge, the core of your being and primary organizing impulse of your consciousness. It gives you a cherished sense of uniqueness."

In this game, you are a duck. And a serial killer.

An entry in the 2014 Fear of Twine exhibition.

TUID: jmmil5mgpp0u7sk9

hilarious game about a duck serial killer with working link, January 8, 2020
by matt w (Matt Weiner) (Burlington, VT)
Mostly I'm posting this review to say that there is currently (Jan. 2020) a working link for the game on itch.io. The new link is under "Web Site."

Anyway, this is a funny game about (maybe?) being a duck who brutally murders other ducks, who honestly isn't that good at it, but who can often get away with it because the victims are ducks.

No longer available?, May 1, 2015
by timsamoff (Southern California)
It appears like this game is not currently hosted anywhere.

Silly, Unapologetic, March 1, 2014
I would actually say that the protagonist is more of a stabby-stabby Jack the Ripper-type, to be honest, even though the game tells us he's not, but the title gets the point across.

This is ridiculous, mixed with enough "wow, that is actually kind of horrible if you think about it" to make it more thought-provoking that it might otherwise be. Or maybe not. Maybe it's just wandering around a swamp stabbing ducks.

I appreciate that the author is so aggressively confident about the whole thing. There are no apologies here, either meta or implied; no "this is just something dumb, lolz", no "you chicken out" choices. You're a psycho duck-killer who may or may not be a duck, and the author DARES you to take note of things like "where would a duck hide a Bowie knife?" and "how do I get reception in a swamp?".

Definitely not a "must play", but amusing. I would say this is probably closer to 2.5 stars, but I bumped it up a bit because the author was so gleefully consistent.

If you enjoyed Duck Ted Bundy...

People who like Duck Ted Bundy also gave high ratings to these games:

Anchorhead, by Michael Gentry
You take a deep breath of salty air as the first raindrops begin to spatter the pavement, and the swollen, slate-colored clouds that blanket the sky mutter ominous portents amongst themselves over the little coastal town of Anchorhead....

9:05, by Adam Cadre
The phone rings. Oh, no how long have you been asleep? Sure, it was a tough night, but... This is bad. This is very bad. The phone rings.

TWEEZER, by Richard Goodness and PaperBlurt
Congratulations! Your essay, "20 Reasons Why I Would Like To Visit Tuisere" has won Triptacular Magazine's "Let's Send You To Tuisere" contest! See the sights during your three day, three night trip to a fantasy kingdom! Abuse centaurs!...

Duck Ted Bundy appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Underrated Menu-Driven Games by forgepoet
Menu-driven games that I think should have wider exposure. Games that might not be perfect but deserve better than no reviews or no rating.

This is version 7 of this page, edited by Lance Campbell on 23 January 2020 at 10:05am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item