Play online (with CSS)

by Stephane F. profile

At home, safe and warm.
Everywhere : the night.
Outside, the storm.

« The Storm » is the english version of « La Tempête » released for the French comp 2018.

Translation by Stéphane F. and Jack Welch.

First Publication Date: January 3, 2019
License: Creative Commons
TUID: pdeztll2c9m0a4uo

English translation of La Tempête, by Stéphane F.

Brief, unusual existential horror, June 20, 2019

I played the French version of this game before. I like this game, it calls to my exact sort of tastes in games. But it may not call out to everybody. It's like Cannery Vale, which is one of my top 10 games of all time but which didn't win IFComp, or Creak, Creak, a tiny game by Chandler Groover.

In this game, you wake up in the middle of the night to strange sounds in the garden. You can explore your house, but everything seems off.

Great for fans of existential horror. Very short parser game.

Short eerie horror, October 11, 2020
by f-a

Quite a refreshing short experience, dealing with more than your usual gore+lovecraft horror trope.
Very good in doing what it does (there is no way for me to address it, without revealing the coup de théâtre), despite some minor writing flaws (Spoiler - click to show)(telling us how we feel. I was perfectly unsettled without being reminded I am horrified or that a shiver runs through my spine).

My suggestion to you is: play it! It is extremely short (coffee-break IF), and will add a thing or two to your IF and Horror experience.

If you enjoyed The Storm...

People who like The Storm also gave high ratings to these games:

HMS Foraker, by Paul Wang
Command a royal warship and destroy your enemies at sea! As a veteran navy captain in the world of Choice of Broadsides, you’ll fend off (smugglers, slavers, and) foes of the crown to seize your place in history. HMS Foraker is an 85,000...

Half-Life 3 Confirmed, by Anssi Räisänen
The rays of the morning sun tickle your face, waking you up. That's a pleasant surprise - the forecast said it would be rainy for days. However, looking out of the window, you see that there are no clouds in the sky. How did they get it...

Braincase, by Dan Lance
You are a forensic contractor tasked with going through a person's memory implant to solve a crime.

The following polls include votes for The Storm:

Creepy Games by J'onn Roger
I'm not looking for supernatural/ghost stories or horror stories, just games that do a good job being scary and/or disturbing.

Games with an abrupt and unexpected ending twist by dutchmule
I'm looking for games which, as in a lot of short stories, feature a sudden and unexpected revelation/twist at the very end of the game, that possibly changes your interpretation of what the game was really all about. (but please be...

Games for Beginners by WriterBob
I'm looking for games that are suited for adults who are new to IF. My purpose is to share these games with friends and let them get experience IF without being frustrated by mazes or guess-the-verb issues. Please avoid children's games....

This is version 7 of this page, edited by Stephane F. on 18 August 2020 at 12:34am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item