Thid release, 2020 - Play online (with CSS)
French Comp edition - Story file

La Tempête

by Stéphane F. profile

Chez vous, paix, chaleur et sécurité.
Partout : la nuit.
Au dehors, la tempête.

Language: French (fr)
First Publication Date: January 15, 2018
License: Creative Commons
IFID: 737F33C1-548F-4B19-850A-03E3CC7F05CB
TUID: 8jjqgzui564odzio

Translated to English in The Storm, by Stephane F.

4th place - French Comp 2018

A polished, short modernist tale about a storm, January 20, 2018

This game is firmly in the modernist tradition of the early 1900s, similar to works by Kafka or T.S. Eliot.

The tags on this game include 'existentialist' and 'absurd', and that's a good description.

The game is dream-like; you are in a lushly detailed house where nothing really matters, and the story drives you forward. It's like a Ryan Veeder game without the Ferris Bueller attitude.

Overall, I found it effective, especially because I forgot the french IF commands and had to look them up (on the french play-IF card http://ifiction.free.fr/fichiers/play-if-card_fr.pdf), so at first I was just typing room names. This gives you a description of the room, but doesn't take you there, and doesn't give you the same description as actually being there. This made the game very odd.

Overall, I liked it.

Lovecraft, February 6, 2018
by Laurent Pendarias (France)

Dans un jeu on s'attend à ouvrir des portes, affronter des monstres et trouver des trésors... mais cette FI offre plutôt l'expérience d'un roman de Lovecraft avec une intrigue qui joue plus sur l'atmosphère et l'ambiance.

Je ne peux pas spoiler les révélations de la fin bien sûr mais c'est une expérience intéressante.

If you enjoyed La Tempête...