Lost Pig

Fantasy, Humor
2007

Previous | << 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >> | Next | Show All

A must play for every adventurer., January 9, 2022

I am playing the top rated adventures.
When I started to play this game I thought this was a poor one, but afterwards I enjoyed it a lot.

This game is full of details so it is a simulacionist one. You can try any action you think about.
The map is a cave that you can explore it by yourself. You should EXAMINE exhaustively all names in description so there are objets hidden, more or less.

The puzzles are nicely, coloured and logical. There are several ways to reach some actions.

In the heart of the game there are two NPCs, a pig and a gnome:

Taking the pig is the first task but also is untakeable as a fish. You find the pig rather soon, but you aren't able to catch up it untill later. The pig has its own life and seems that it want to do things in its own exploring all things while standing around you. Also the pig has responses to your actions.

The gnome has a personality, patience, acid humor, resignation, that fits perfectly with Grunk's simpler point of view about life. There are many, many things you can ask the gnome, most of which enrich and has no effect on the game, but several ones are major clues. You have to read carefully. There is fun talking about these lot of topics and you can spend currently a lot of time trying to exhaust the topics.

This is a re-playable game because you earn more point as you do the things in a better way. The game is middle-low difficult and some hours of gameplay.

- Jade

Grunk like, November 29, 2021

Grunk like, lots of fun, really liked the e character interaction and it was nice to have something on the lighter side!

- sitehomes, November 29, 2021

- sw3dish, April 22, 2021

- Karlok (Netherlands), April 14, 2021

One of the most intuitive games I've ever played, March 26, 2021
by Lazygamedesigner82 (Canada)

Lost Pig was my first exposure to interactive fiction in many years, and I continue to be stunned at how immersive, expansive, and unexpected a world the author was able to create with a relatively small map.

I heard it once said that great game design makes you feel like you can do nothing wrong, and Lost Pig is a perfect example of this. The parser was incredibly intuitive, and even though I might not have grasped the solution to a particular puzzle right away, the good-natured humour meant that I was never - not once - frustrated with my lack of progress. There was always something new to examine, and the joy was in searching every room, every object until a hint was revealed. Meanwhile the living, breathing characters seemed to mill about at their own pace, willing to interact but not simply for your entertainment. I wouldn't have been shocked to discover that they had private conversations about me when I wasn't in the room.

There's nothing I don't love about this game!

- TheBoxThinker, January 25, 2021

- inte (USA), December 22, 2020

- dodger (Europe), December 19, 2020

- wawa, November 28, 2020

- Romana Inthevoid (Toulouse, France), November 18, 2020

Hard but fun puzzles, thin story, October 23, 2020

My partner and I had a mostly fun time playing this game. The characters are cute in concept, but the general story is underdeveloped (though the 'moral' is pleasing).

The puzzles were definitely clever and challenging. It took us---relative novices---about two hours to play the whole thing, getting just two or three hints. (The hint menu offers tiered hints---we went only two or three in on a single topic.)

Other reviewers seemed to get a kick out of chatting with the gnome, but we weren't so engaged.

We quite liked the "point counter" approach---getting a point was a lovely reward for our struggles! Guessing the first move ((Spoiler - click to show)you could say we followed our nose) set us up with some unrealistic expectations about what else we'd learn. We were disappointed to finish with only 6/7 possible points, though. When we read the corresponding hint, well... maybe we would have gotten that point if we had been more immersed? Or maybe not.

- aparrish (NYC), October 15, 2020

Previous | << 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >> | Next | Show All | Return to game's main page