Trouble in Sector 471.zip
Contains Trouble in Sector 471/Sector_220923.ulx
Requires a Glulx interpreter. Visit IFWiki for download links. (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

Trouble in Sector 471

by Arthur DiBianca profile

The power just went out in Sector 471. You had better go take a look.

TUID: kjj2uu8bjta6zwxl

5th Place - 28th Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2022)

Minimalism with robots; metroidvania lite, October 29, 2022

This is a fun medium game. The author has a long-running series of games that feature a limited parser, where only a select few commands are recognized. In fact, you could say he's a pioneer of the field.

I've come to learn how to play these games, although they're still pretty hard for me. So I was looking forward to playing this game.

You play as a robot that has to go around zapping bugs who have infiltrated a robot factory. It kind of reminds me of the MO factory in adventure time, if it was working well (the only similarities are single minded robots, but still...).

It's kind of a metroidvania situation, as you gain new abilities and items as the game progresses. There are also codes, waiting games, patterns, etc. However, there's no sequence skipping possible like in a lot of Metroidvanias.

I did better than I usually do, completing all the optional tasks and getting all but 1 of the bugs. But man, that last bug was nasty; I looked at every hint and then had trouble. It was the (Spoiler - click to show)sculpture bug. It was fairly clued, I just forgot some capabilities, which shows how complex can get.

I liked the characters in this game a lot; they were simple and often dumb but it makes sense for a collection of bots.

World of robots., October 8, 2022

I played this game last sunday in IFMUD. This is a great exploring game with an original plot where we have to explore a 8x8 map and solve various puzzles.
We are a robot with few habilities capable of learning a bunch of other ones. This habilities plus our intelligence enable us to solve the situations in the game.
There are a huge bunch of other robots with some habilities and functions needed to progress in the adventure. We will get a lot of information from them.

Descriptions of the enviroment allows the game to be inmersive.

This is an inmersive game, middle difficult, full lenght, enjoyable, recommended for every adventurer.

Jade.

Robots, October 6, 2022

This game is similar to "Inside the Facility". In this game you are a robot on a mission to exterminate creepy bugs in a facility populated by various other bots. You gain several simple abilities to help you solve the many amusing puzzles. The game includes a unique map to help with navigation.

If you enjoyed Trouble in Sector 471...

Other members recommend these games for people who like Trouble in Sector 471, or gave both high ratings:

Inside the Facility, by Arthur DiBianca
Your friend Mike thinks no one can infiltrate THE FACILITY, but you're going to prove him wrong. A light puzzle game. In the author's opinion, it's totally family-friendly. (Make sure to look at the Facility Mapping Kit. It's not...

Ratings War, by Eddy Webb
Implant cameras in your eyes to win the news wars of 2061! Record your way through dystopian New Angeles, solving multiple murders and conquering the airwaves as you go! "Ratings War" is a thrilling 80,000-word interactive novel by Eddy...

Vampire: The Masquerade Out for Blood, by Jim Dattilo
Gather your allies to hunt the vampires that terrorize your town! Study their ways and exploit their rivalries, or you'll become a vampire yourself. Vampire: The Masquerade Out for Blood is a 455,000-word interactive horror novel by...

This is version 4 of this page, edited by Dan Fabulich on 13 October 2022 at 9:17pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item