Cut the Red Wire! No, the Blue Wire!

by David Whyld profile

Humor
2012

- E. W. B., February 23, 2016

- NJ (Ontario), November 22, 2014

- Simon Deimel (Germany), December 10, 2013

A fun little game, December 1, 2013
by streever (America)

This game doesn't offer much in encouragement, creating a lot of frustration, but it is fun and well-written, and the (singular) puzzle is solvable.

Try anything you can think of for a potentially funny response, but expect a tough time actually solving this one; you'll have to think outside the box.

Amusing but frustrating!, December 1, 2013
by Lazzah (London, UK)

This is a very short game with some quite amusing responses in David's usual witty style. I played it for a bit, got blown up numerous times, gave up as you only have one move to input the correct command and I could not work out what it was.

I have to say that, knowing David's preference for ADRIFT 4, I assumed that he had written using that and so I ran the game using the ADRIFT 4 Runner.

I then ran the game using the ADRIFT 5 runner and to my great surprise a character called Stacy was listed after the location text. As this character was not there when I ran the game in the ADRIFT 4 runner, I must therefore assume that David used ADRIFT 5 to write this little ditty.

The line breaks are in need of attention but that's just me being picky. All in all an amusing but frustrating five minutes worth.

- Floating Info, April 13, 2013

Frustrating... Until You Win, March 4, 2013

Cut the Red Wire! No, the Blue Wire! is of the one turn game genre. It's short, and could have used with a bit more deviation in responses, but in truth had it been randomized too much the player might spin their wheels even more than they already do. Basically, I thought this was frustrating and unsolvable and was cursing David for writing a game with a show-stopping bug... until I realized that it was written just as he'd intended it. When you *do* win, especially after the frustration, it's quite satisfying. Clever (if quick) work, Mr. Whyld.