Have you played this game?
You can rate this game, record that you've played it, or put it on your wish list after you log in.
(based on 1 rating)
No reviews yet - be the first
About the Story
The year is 2021—or maybe 1602? Hamlet the Younger has just tragically died and Fortinbras the Younger, King of Norway and newly-conquered Denmark, has a lot of cleaning up to do. Elsinore: After Hamlet is an interactive fiction exploration of William Shakespeare's Hamlet as a plague text and a reckoning of Asian American identity during these trying times. Also contains bad puns and glowing text.
Rated T for mild language and depictions of blood & violence.
Play as an Asian American university student juggling society, schoolwork, and mental health under the pressure of a global pandemic and mounting anti-Asian violence.
- Create a customizable character, selecting:
- Gender and pronouns (male, female, and nonbinary options)
- Explore the world of Elsinore and make branching choices that directly influence gameplay and how the story unfolds
- Navigate one of Shakespeare’s most famous plays from an unique perspective and experience the spring of 2021 through someone else’s eyes
- Befriend or antagonize your favorite characters from Shakespeare’s Hamlet, and earn new allies or make new enemies
- Discover hidden story content and collect lore about the strange, suspended state of Elsinore
- Unlock 7 unique endings, some good, some bad, and some...secret
- Enjoy over 15,000 words of gameplay that offer replayable experiences and story
Language: English (en)
First Publication Date: May 25, 2021
Current Version: Unknown
Development System: Twine
If you enjoyed Elsinore: After Hamlet...
People who like Elsinore: After Hamlet
also gave high ratings to these games:
|A Paradox Between Worlds, by Autumn Chen|
Average member rating: (20 ratings)
It is the year 201X and you are a teen online. The Nebulaverse fandom has been your safe place, and it is about to be torn apart. A Paradox Between Worlds is a game about fandoms, internet melodrama, and the stories we create for...
|New Year's Eve, 2019, by Autumn Chen|
Average member rating: (15 ratings)
Social gatherings are not your preferred activity. But this one is obligatory, and it threatens to ruin you. You are Karen Zhao, a senior in college who is home for winter break, and seeing your old high school friends for the first time...
|P-Rix - Space Trucker, by manonamora|
Average member rating: (2 ratings)
Partial demo for P-Rix - Space Trucker: a Sci-Fi slice-of-life Interactive game. Play the available choices with a mouse or press numerical keys to advance (press H for the whole key menu). Made for the Twine Sci-Fi Jam: create a Twine...
Suggest a game
This is version 2 of this page, edited by Lapin Lunaire Games
on 8 February 2023 at 5:37am.
- View Update History
- Edit This Page
- Add a News Item