No reviews yet - be the first
About the Story
The year is 2021—or maybe 1602? Hamlet the Younger has just tragically died and Fortinbras the Younger, King of Norway and newly-conquered Denmark, has a lot of cleaning up to do. Elsinore: After Hamlet is an interactive fiction exploration of William Shakespeare's Hamlet as a plague text and a reckoning of Asian American identity during these trying times. Also contains bad puns and glowing text.
Rated T for mild language and depictions of blood & violence.
Play as an Asian American university student juggling society, schoolwork, and mental health under the pressure of a global pandemic and mounting anti-Asian violence.
- Create a customizable character, selecting:
- Gender and pronouns (male, female, and nonbinary options)
- Explore the world of Elsinore and make branching choices that directly influence gameplay and how the story unfolds
- Navigate one of Shakespeare’s most famous plays from an unique perspective and experience the spring of 2021 through someone else’s eyes
- Befriend or antagonize your favorite characters from Shakespeare’s Hamlet, and earn new allies or make new enemies
- Discover hidden story content and collect lore about the strange, suspended state of Elsinore
- Unlock 7 unique endings, some good, some bad, and some...secret
- Enjoy over 15,000 words of gameplay that offer replayable experiences and story
Language: English (en)
First Publication Date: May 25, 2021
Current Version: Unknown
Development System: Twine