Panoptique

by Hugo Labrande profile and Nighten Dushi

Encore un peu de temps en salle de surveillance, et ça sera l’heure de votre pause. Concentrez vous sur les douze écrans devant vous. Faites un rapport pour chaque comportements suspect ou visant à troubler l’ordre public.

N’oubliez pas, la sécurité de ceux qui nous sont chers justifie que l’on ne tolère aucun écart.

Language: French (fr)
First Publication Date: January 14, 2019
Development System: Inform 6, Vorple
TUID: twd503jkxli05eaj

4th place - French Comp 2019

An illustrated parser game with multiple independent tracks, February 1, 2019

This French IFComp game was written using Vorple, allowing it to have a dozen illustrations.

In stark contrast to the freedom of parser or the generally linear Twine games, this game has twelve different screens you can pay attention to, each of which has its own timeline. This makes it more like Varicella or Master of the Land, which implement similar parallel timelines.

However, just as with those games, I found it difficult to make and carry out plans.

I believe there may have been an error in the scoring. Despite receiving positive feedback on many of my police reports, and playing through a half-dozen times, my score only went down from 100 out of 1000, sometimes even becoming negative. My final scores were 100, -50, 80, and so on. I checked the walkthrough after and it seemed to say I was doing a good job, so I don't know.

If you enjoyed Panoptique...

People who like Panoptique also gave high ratings to these games:

Taghairm, by Chandler Groover
"Perhaps the most horrible of all recorded magical spells." Cruelty. Violence. Sounds. Headphones recommended.

Miss No-Name, by Bellamy Briks
A really popular kid is trying to find out the name of the mysterious girl that sits in the front of the class. Your goal is to help him achieve this! Or risk his life trying

Beyond, by Roberto Grassi, Paolo Lucchesi, and Alessandro Peretti
A mysterious death, a secret to be revealed… and someone who wants to know the truth, at any cost. ...

This is version 1 of this page, edited by dutchmule on 26 January 2019 at 4:19am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item