The game is a Python package that can be installed on all platforms (requires python3).
Python package
Latest version of the game from pypi.​org.
Defaults - All Systems Installer
Spring Thing 2021 release
The version of the game that was submitted to Spring Thing 2021. Contains the game (a Python package) and installation instructions (html file).
Defaults - All Systems Installer (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)
Source code
Github project page

Space Diner

by Marta profile and Alexej

You run a diner and your customers are aliens with various dietary restrictions and tastes. Make them happy, and they will repay you in space dollars and positive reviews!

First Publication Date: April 2, 2021
License: GPL
Development System: Python 3
TUID: kp9jemvjt5jha42g

Entrant, Back Garden - Spring Thing 2021

A python-based diner game, April 7, 2021

I don't think I would have played this game if I hadn't been committed to reviewing all the Spring Thing games. Downloading Python 3 was tedious and frustrating, having to type exact commands was rough, and restaurant sim's not my favorite genre.

Still, I was engaged by this game and played through till the end. You run a diner on the moon (or Mars, although I didn't try that diner), ordering food, finding what customers want, making recipes, serving it up, then taking care of the diner or hanging out with a friend.

I enjoyed the little narrative snippets when hanging out with my friend the good Doctor. She gave me lots of cool trinkets and talked about space.

Auto-complete was a lifesaver, although I have to ask, why go to the trouble of using autocomplete but then have so many customers whose names start with O? It'd be way better to have every customer name have a distinct letter, or at least spread them out roughly uniformly (unless, by a cosmic joke, they were uniform and I just got 'O' tourists over and over again).

This game was okay, but I felt like I was fighting the system all the way. The question is, what's next? If the authors were trying to learn python better or demonstrate their use of python, then that's great, this is a cool program. If their goal is to create awesome IF, I would ditch python and go with a specialized language like Twine or Ink.

Space Diner on IFDB

The following polls include votes for Space Diner:

games with cooking by jlvp1234
I'm looking for games with cooking. ever since I have played gourmet and, gourmet version1, wich is the same, I have also played you got a stew going. does anyone have any recommendations other than these on wich I have just mentioned?

This is version 12 of this page, edited by dara on 3 April 2021 at 7:15pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item