Hero1r3.gam

Hero, Inc Part 1: Calling All Heroes

by Nate Cull

Superhero
1996

You play as J. Random Hero, Fairhaven's newest hero if you answer the call to duty from Hero, Inc. by entering their contest and performing several feats of heroism. Don't wait! Enter the contest now and you may win their Grand Prize!

Current Version: Release 3
Development System: TADS 2
IFID: TADS2-246C9F7FAA781F14EAFB868FBA74B432
TUID: fu9e102btvigqwpc

Baf's Guide

A bizarre and humorous game in which a mail-order contest brings you face-to-face with the monstrous invisible villains responsible for all the problems you read about in the newspaper. You and a parcel of magical gadgets are all that can keep the sleepy town of Fairhaven from the clutches of the Nytemare Corporation. A small but detailed game with randomized combat and easy puzzles, meant as an introduction to a larger Hero, Inc game (not yet written). I look forward to the sequel.

-- Carl Muckenhoupt

Great intro to an incomplete game, June 5, 2017

I enjoyed this short superhero game. You play as someone who is interested in becoming a superhero.

You have special glasses that let you see the world differently. There's some random combat, and some clever puzzles, and then the game just ends.

It'll probably never be finished now, but it's still interesting to play. Check it out!

If you enjoyed Hero, Inc Part 1: Calling All Heroes...

People who like Hero, Inc Part 1: Calling All Heroes also gave high ratings to these games:

Hill Ridge Lost & Found, by Jeremy Pflasterer
When he fears that a reclusive neighbor’s weird ministrations are leading the locals astray, an old cowboy takes it upon himself to amble back up to Hill Ridge and set things a-right. Note: This game was designed for the HTML TADS Player...

The Roscovian Palladium, by Ryan Veeder
Humans are constantly appropriating rat culture. King Roscoe thought to use this to his advantage.

Project Arcmör, by Donald Conrad and Peter M.J. Gross
You still remember the initial thrill of receiving your acceptance message: “Greetings, colonizer! We are excited for you to join the StarQuorp™ family, a top 100 company to work for (based on intergalactic rankings by severity of...

Hero, Inc Part 1: Calling All Heroes appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Best superhero games by MathBrush
These are games featuring superheros, with my thoughts on them. I haven't tried the Frenetic Five games yet.

My new walkthroughs for November 2020 by David Welbourn
On Saturday November 28, 2020, I published new walkthroughs for the games and stories listed below! Some of these were paid for by my wonderful patrons at Patreon. Please consider supporting me to make even more new walkthroughs for...

Danielle's Classic IF List by Danielle
Traditional adventure games, filled with happy puzzles. Only thing is, you don't need a fancy video card to see the great graphics. Instead, just add imagination.

The following polls include votes for Hero, Inc Part 1: Calling All Heroes:

Up, Up, and Away: IF starring super heroes by Molly
It's often been said that super-heroes are a poor fit for IF, given the reliance of the former on flashy, colorful costumes and fights. But let it never be said that some poor bastards didn't try. What are some notable attempts at...

Games part of an unfinished series by Jonathan Blask
I think it is both funny and interesting when games bill themselves as "Part # in the [blank] series" (and other games are never written). It is fun to speculate what directions those future games may have gone. This poll is a memorial...

This is version 3 of this page, edited by David Welbourn on 28 November 2020 at 6:31pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item