Today is the Same as Any Other

by Adam Wasserman profile

Episode 1 of the Bunker series

Welcome to the Bunker, an orderly, underground utopia where everyone's needs have been satisfied.

You, Cory Resden, are a population tweaker in I-12 sector. You don't aspire to much, and your life is fairly unremarkable. But one daystretch you receive a call from a stranger requesting a clandestine meeting in the cleaning station outside your office, and your steady, uneventful existence is turned topsy-turvy.

You never wanted any part of excitement or trouble. You certainly never imagined yourself smuggling contraband, unmasking terrorists, and just possibly taking revenge on your petty and cowardly coworkers. Not that the going is easy. It's is all you can do to avoid being accused, abused, targeted, stunned, drugged, demotivated, cremated, and eviscerated.

But it's all in a daystretch's work, citizen. After all, today is the same as any other.

First Publication Date: May 18, 2019
Forgiveness Rating: Polite
IFID: D32A5CA4-2288-4355-B663-D8B13C3EBD07
TUID: 9z8mha263l4i4yux

What is bunker, November 7, 2019

Very atmospheric game with a good amount of background lore in 1984 feel with a nice touch of humor.
Its has modern parser, middle size length with normal difficulty and a good built in hints system.
I had a lot of fun playing it and getting into this rich dystopian world.
As a sci-fi lover, big thanks for this adventure.
Hoping for the next part in the series.

If you enjoyed Today is the Same as Any Other...

People who like Today is the Same as Any Other also gave high ratings to these games:

Zork I, by Marc Blank and Dave Lebling
Many strange tales have been told of the fabulous treasure, exotic creatures, and diabolical puzzles in the Great Underground Empire. As an aspiring adventurer, you will undoubtedly want to locate these treasures and deposit them in your...

Andromeda Apocalypse Extended Edition, by Marco Innocenti
Floating in space on a strange vessel, sole survivor of a world... and maybe of the entire human race, Ektor Mastiff must find a way through the cosmos, on a voyage that can change the history of mankind forever. Andromeda Apocalypse is...

Spider and Web, by Andrew Plotkin
A vacation in our lovely country! See the ethnic charms of the countryside, the historic grandeur of the capital city. Taste our traditional cuisine; smell the flowers of the Old Tree. And all without leaving your own armchair! But all...

The following polls include votes for Today is the Same as Any Other:

Games that could use more reviews by MathBrush
I love to review games. Let me know if you've made a game that needs more reviews, or can suggest someone else's! I might not be personally able to review every game due to time, content, or platform, but I'll try!

This is version 2 of this page, edited by keturion on 29 May 2019 at 8:42am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item