EctoComp 2013 compressed file
Contains Hill of Souls.zblorb
For all systems. To play, you'll need a Z-Machine Interpreter with Blorb support - visit Brass Lantern for download links. (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

Hill of Souls

TUID: 3c4wki6qemylk14u

Nominee, Best Supplemental Materials - 2013 XYZZY Awards

22nd Place - Ectocomp 2013

A creepy short game experimenting with text output, August 17, 2017

This game (whose cover art was nominated for an XYZZY award for best supplemental materials) uses randomization to change the description of the area you are in (a one-room game), and every turn it clears the screen before printing the description.

I found it a bit confusing, and I had to look up the club floyd transcript to finish it, but it was a fun experiment.

If you enjoyed Hill of Souls...

People who like Hill of Souls also gave high ratings to these games:

Coloratura, by Lynnea Glasser
Stolen away by apathetic Blind Ones, your only desire is to return to your Cellarium and the Song of the Universe. They should understand. You shall make them to understand.

Koustrea's Contentment, by Jeremy Pflasterer
A tiny community of immortals receives a newcomer named Koustrea, who makes an unsettling discovery while struggling to find a paradisial niche, as the others have long ago.

Klub Karisma, by Christian Bluemke
You are the most dashing dog groomer in town and your girlfriend's just dumped you for a male stripper from the Hamburg Reeperbahn. So stop whining and go get her back, for the night has only just begun...

Hill of Souls appears in the following Recommended Lists:

2013 XYZZY Awards Nominees by Molly
Here are the nominees for the 2013 XYZZY Awards, roughly by order of appearance on the finalist page. Note that this list does not cover the Best Technological Development Award.

The following polls include votes for Hill of Souls:

Best cover art by MathBrush
What games have really good cover art?

This is version 6 of this page, edited by Zape on 12 April 2021 at 1:23am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item