EctoComp 2013 compressed file
Contains Hill of Souls.zblorb
For all systems. To play, you'll need a Z-Machine Interpreter with Blorb support - visit Brass Lantern for download links. (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

Hill of Souls

TUID: 3c4wki6qemylk14u

Nominee, Best Supplemental Materials - 2013 XYZZY Awards

22nd Place - Ectocomp 2013

A creepy short game experimenting with text output, August 17, 2017

This game (whose cover art was nominated for an XYZZY award for best supplemental materials) uses randomization to change the description of the area you are in (a one-room game), and every turn it clears the screen before printing the description.

I found it a bit confusing, and I had to look up the club floyd transcript to finish it, but it was a fun experiment.

If you enjoyed Hill of Souls...

People who like Hill of Souls also gave high ratings to these games:

Dr. Kong in: Exploding Poodle Inevitable, by A W
Teil 2 der Dr. Kong-Saga. Kaum hat Dr. Kong seine Internetbekanntschaft mandy95 unter Zuhilfenahme eines Zeitreise-Zauberspruchs aus den Klauen diverser Zombies und DSDS-geiler Gören befreit, ereilt ihn per Geheimbotschaft die Nachricht,...

The Whispered World, by Daedalic Entertainment
Ein Aprilscherz von Daedalic Entertainment, die 2009 verkündeten dass ihr groß angekündigtes Grafikadventure "The Whispered World" nun doch in Textform veröffentlicht werden würde.

The Play, by Dietrich Squinkifer (Squinky)
Pull yourself together, Ainsley. Just one more rehearsal until the big day, assuming nothing catastrophic happens. But really, all you have to do is get your motley crew of actors to run their parts once through from beginning to end....

Hill of Souls appears in the following Recommended Lists:

2013 XYZZY Awards Nominees by Molly
Here are the nominees for the 2013 XYZZY Awards, roughly by order of appearance on the finalist page. Note that this list does not cover the Best Technological Development Award.

The following polls include votes for Hill of Souls:

Best cover art by MathBrush
What games have really good cover art?

This is version 6 of this page, edited by Zape on 12 April 2021 at 1:23am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item