isolato.acd
Requires an Alan interpreter. Visit IFWiki for download links.
isolato.dat
Requires an AdvSys interpreter. Visit IFWiki for download links.
walkthru.txt
solution

The Isolato Incident

by Alan DeNiro profile

Science Fiction/Surreal
2001

"We need to save the kingdom! But...where is the kingdom? What are its bounds? Can history be distilled? Why do ghosts feign friendliness? We will make a quest of questions!" [--blurb from Competition Aught-One]

Development System: Alan 2
IFID: ALAN-54CF05B7934CC64AF88649F227B10983
TUID: s4yn55ghi2vfc8lt

22nd Place - 7th Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2001)

>INVENTORY - Paul O'Brian writes about interactive fiction

For me, a narrative layer a little more grounded in reality would have done wonders for my emotional connection to the game. As it was, I could admire the prettiness of the words, but only from a remove.

An excellent, short surreal game by the author of deadline enchanter, July 16, 2017

Deadline Enchanter was one of my first games I ever played, and still one of my favorites and a strong influence.

This game came before deadline enchanter, but shares its same feeling of utter bizzareness.

You are the ruler(s?) of a kingdom that has been ravaged by a ghost. There is wearable honey/history, and all sorts of other interesting things. I love this little game. It plays on gargoyle.

If you enjoyed The Isolato Incident...

People who like The Isolato Incident also gave high ratings to these games:

Orbital Decay, by Kayvan Sarikhani
An astronautís life is wondrous; sometimes, space has other ideas.

Turandot, by Victor Gijsbers
An operatic performance. A tale of atonement. A dating sim with a crocodile pit. Content warnings: sex; sexism and other gender issues; suicide; torture; homophobia; xenophobia.

Phantom, by Peter Eastman
You have recently begun taking lessons from a new voice teacher. Under his expert instruction, your opera career is flourishing. If only he would let you see his face. This work includes music which is an important part of the...

This is version 5 of this page, edited by Paul O'Brian on 7 May 2022 at 4:40pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item