The Profile v. 1.02 *
Contains profile.hex
If you are playing The Profile to vote in EctoComp 2013, download the original version in the EctoComp zip file instead.
Requires a Hugo interpreter. Visit IFWiki for download links.
EctoComp 2013 compressed file *
Contains Profile.Hex

The Profile

by Mike Snyder profile

2013

Rain pours, and with it, distant thunder. You approach the house, perhaps quickly. Your boots leave muddy footprints on the steps. It's cold. It's dark. The time is between 2:30 and 4:00 AM; you're not entirely sure.

The Profile is a short game originally coded in three hours for the 2013 EctoComp.

First Publication Date: October 31, 2013
Development System: Hugo
TUID: zrig9potqpe45zzn

8th Place - Ectocomp 2013

A chilling game that becomes an intriguing puzzle, July 16, 2017

This game was quite creepy and icky at first, until I realized my true purpose.

This game is a play-and-replay game that was brilliantly coded in 3 hours or less, and provides more gameplay than most Ectocomop speed IF. Recommended. I can't say much more without spoiling it.

If you enjoyed The Profile...

People who like The Profile also gave high ratings to these games:

A Walk Around the Neighborhood, by Leo Weinreb
The sun is filtering hazily through a partly-cloudy sky on this gorgeous Sunday afternoon. You're feeling lazy and a bit glued to the couch, but your partner insists on you getting some exercise. And although you complain, you have to...

Capsule II - The 11th Sandman, by PaperBlurt
There's this pause on the Makida every time the current Sandman goes back into the cryotube, and before the new one awakes. A certain calm where all is still. The Makida's dull hum is heard, but that is all. No footsteps. No whispers. No...

Darkiss! Wrath of the Vampire - Chapter 1: the Awakening, by Marco Vallarino
You're the nightmare from which people can't wake. Dead twice. One by the hand of your maker, the second by the fiend who drove a stake through your heart while you were sleeping defenceless in your coffin. Alive thrice, it seems,...

The Profile appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Detective and mystery games by MathBrush
These are games where you play a detective or someone else investigating a mystery. Most of them are realistic games which I am splitting off of my realistic list. Some are more magical or science fi-ish.

This is version 6 of this page, edited by Merk on 7 November 2013 at 9:02am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item