The Profile v. 1.02 *
Contains profile.hex
If you are playing The Profile to vote in EctoComp 2013, download the original version in the EctoComp zip file instead.
For all systems. To play, you'll need a Hugo interpreter - visit the Hugor page on ifwiki.org for download links.
EctoComp 2013 compressed file *
Contains Profile.Hex

The Profile

by Mike Snyder profile

2013

Rain pours, and with it, distant thunder. You approach the house, perhaps quickly. Your boots leave muddy footprints on the steps. It's cold. It's dark. The time is between 2:30 and 4:00 AM; you're not entirely sure.

The Profile is a short game originally coded in three hours for the 2013 EctoComp.

First Publication Date: October 31, 2013
Development System: Hugo
TUID: zrig9potqpe45zzn

8th Place - Ectocomp 2013

A chilling game that becomes an intriguing puzzle, July 16, 2017

This game was quite creepy and icky at first, until I realized my true purpose.

This game is a play-and-replay game that was brilliantly coded in 3 hours or less, and provides more gameplay than most Ectocomop speed IF. Recommended. I can't say much more without spoiling it.

If you enjoyed The Profile...

People who like The Profile also gave high ratings to these games:

Mermaids of Ganymede, by Seth Paxton
Trapped at the bottom of Ganymede's ocean, beneath a thick layer of ice, your survey ship has crash landed. Your crew has begun to see things swimming out there in the dark, and no one has ever made if off Ganymede alive. What will you...

Missing Since 77, by Andrew Watt
When a derided author vanishes from his home, his incriminated wife hires a prodigious young detective to investigate.

Northpole, by John Blythe
A Present hunt and more?

The Profile appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Detective and mystery games by MathBrush
These are games where you play a detective or someone else investigating a mystery. Most of them are realistic games which I am splitting off of my realistic list. Some are more magical or science fi-ish.

This is version 6 of this page, edited by Merk on 7 November 2013 at 9:02am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item