The Profile v. 1.02 *
Contains profile.hex
If you are playing The Profile to vote in EctoComp 2013, download the original version in the EctoComp zip file instead.
For all systems. To play, you'll need a Hugo interpreter - visit the Hugor page on ifwiki.org for download links.
EctoComp 2013 compressed file *
Contains Profile.Hex

The Profile

by Mike Snyder profile

2013

Rain pours, and with it, distant thunder. You approach the house, perhaps quickly. Your boots leave muddy footprints on the steps. It's cold. It's dark. The time is between 2:30 and 4:00 AM; you're not entirely sure.

The Profile is a short game originally coded in three hours for the 2013 EctoComp.

First Publication Date: October 31, 2013
Development System: Hugo
TUID: zrig9potqpe45zzn

8th Place - Ectocomp 2013

A chilling game that becomes an intriguing puzzle, July 16, 2017
This game was quite creepy and icky at first, until I realized my true purpose.

This game is a play-and-replay game that was brilliantly coded in 3 hours or less, and provides more gameplay than most Ectocomop speed IF. Recommended. I can't say much more without spoiling it.

If you enjoyed The Profile...

People who like The Profile also gave high ratings to these games:

Phantom, by Peter Eastman
You have recently begun taking lessons from a new voice teacher. Under his expert instruction, your opera career is flourishing. If only he would let you see his face. This work includes music which is an important part of the...

Toonesia, by Jacob Weinstein
From the introduction: "Oooh, that rascally rabbit! You were out hunting him when he somehow got the jump on you, blindfolded you, and dumped you into a cell. Well, you’ll show him. He’ll be hasenpfefer by dinner tonight, or your name...

Attack of the Yeti Robot Zombies, by Řyvind Thorsby

The Profile appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Detective and mystery games by MathBrush
These are games where you play a detective or someone else investigating a mystery. Most of them are realistic games which I am splitting off of my realistic list. Some are more magical or science fi-ish.

This is version 6 of this page, edited by Merk on 7 November 2013 at 9:02am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item