Bell Park, Youth Detective

- Wanderlust, August 3, 2017

- doodlelogic, July 17, 2017

Very Well Written CYOA with Great Title Character, May 10, 2017
by Audiart (Davis, CA)

I enjoyed the humorous yet mature writing style, and the titular character much more than the game itself. The only real puzzle is figuring out the solution to the crime, by interviewing all of the suspects. Ultimately the main character is so likable and funny that going through every dialogue option was buckets of fun. You will find yourself going "back" to check all of the options.

The character of Bell Park is one of the most well-developed teen characters I've ever seen in IF. Although in general I despise twine games, I think the format really worked for this game. It would have probably been less interesting as a short story, for example, because part of the fun was going through all of the different dialogue options.

I would recommend this game to people who don't like Twine format in general, because "Bell Park, Youth Detective" really plays more like a Choose Your Own Adventure book than the typical moody avant-gardism infesting the genre.

- Sobol (Russia), January 6, 2017

- zylla, April 27, 2016

- missjith, April 25, 2016

- necromancer, April 15, 2016

- Delvina, March 13, 2016

Excellent twisted version of a young detective story, February 3, 2016

Bell Park is one of the four games put out by the author in 2013, and is one of the best.

You play a youth detective like Nancy Drew or the Hardy boys, but get in way over your head. Most of the game is a parody of these books, showing what would happen if someone really tried to solve crimes as a youth.

I enjoyed the game. The ending was strange, but fits the story. I recommend this game.

- verityvirtue (London), December 12, 2015