Santa Carcossa Nights

Development System: Quest 5
TUID: w02dhj94bugio6j

Entrant, Le Grand Guignol - EctoComp 2018

A big, fairly serious horror game by bitterkarella, November 9, 2018

bitterkarella is known for making horror-themed games in Quest, both serious and humorous.

This game has more styling than most, with hand-chosen fonts and neon colors.

The storyline seems well thought-out, and the setting is evocative. It all feels like an intense and overwhelming dream, the kind you wake from gasping for air. It starts out light-hearted but gets more intense.

This game has the usual problems Quest does, which I think are inevitable given the platform. Of all bitterkarella's games, this is the one I'd most like to see polished up in Inform or TADS 3.

If you enjoyed Santa Carcossa Nights...

People who like Santa Carcossa Nights also gave high ratings to these games:

Dungeons of Antur, by Ricardo Oyon Rodriguez
Text adventure with elements of dungeon crawler. Dungeons of Antur is a text adventure specially designed to get started in the genre. It is intended for players from 8 to 12 years old, although older people can play it too. Made for the...

The Hive Abroad, by Laura Michet
Sam lived among aliens for five years. Coming back home has been harder than he thought. The Hive Abroad is an experimental, nonlinear sci-fi short story about friendship, community, and changing yourself.

HOLY ROBOT EMPIRE, by Caleb Wilson (as Ralph Gide)
You are going to find the Robopope and then kiss its papal ring, or your name isnít Morgen Santamore.

Santa Carcossa Nights appears in the following Recommended Lists:

The following polls include votes for Santa Carcossa Nights:

Best parser games since 2017 by Rovarsson
When browsing for good recent games, I'm overwhelmed by the amount of Twine and Choice games. Add to that a great number of games with five stars and only one rating, many of which are also, yes, Twine and Choice games, it gets difficult...

Best of Quest by Denk
There are more than 600 Quest games on IFDB. Surely there must be a lot of bad Quest games, but there are certainly good ones too. It would be interesting to know, which ones are worth playing.

This is version 5 of this page, edited by Zape on 4 May 2021 at 11:52pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item