You're In Deep

by Xuelder profile

Reminisce on the end of your world as the flood waters rise while you are trapped in your attic. Contains coarse language..

Made for Ectocomp 2022 at the last minute.

First Publication Date: October 31, 2022
IFID: E7DF38B8-1D91-4B0E-A5D6-DA95D8557905
TUID: vqvyessfwbtq7pc3

13th Place, Le Grand Guignol - English - ECTOCOMP 2022

Seeing some s*** at the end of your world, November 12, 2022
by N. Cormier
Related reviews: Ectocomp 2022

This is a quick but surprisingly deep (heh) Twine game about trying to survive a hurricane in your attic. Thereís only one puzzle (concerning what to do when the waters rise too far), but thereís plenty to see. While Iíve luckily never had any similar personal experiences, I didnít mind too much because it makes sense. How many puzzles can you solve trapped in an attic? Instead, most of the game focuses on passing the time while you wait out the storm. Incidentally (and appropriately for Ectocomp) there is a whole lot of supernatural freaky stuff happening, but also a decent amount of regular weird stuff that comes along with your town flooding to the rafters. The regular-weird and supernatural-weird blend together nicely against the surreal natural disaster backdrop, helped out by the protagonistís commentary.

This is an excellent little game full of mood and vibes, and it kept me playing until I ran out of endings. Great job!

Branching supernatural disaster game during Hurricane in Louisiana, November 5, 2022

This game has you play as a well-prepared Louisiana resident hunkering down during a category 5 hurricane. Fortunately, you have an attic stocked with tons of equipment. Unfortunately, all sorts of supernatural creatures are messing around with you.

This game has nice presentation with Chapbook and music/sound effects. The color and font choices worked well for me. It's pretty brief, but has some nice non-linearity and several endings.

The thing I liked best about the game was the specific local flavor. Several of the monsters are referred to with French names or have characteristics unique to the area.

The only drawbacks to me were that each path was fairly short and a lot of the items didn't really do much that I could see.

very short horror, November 6, 2022
by f-a

This game was made for ECTOCOMP 2022, it is very simple and even shorter. Despite that, I still think it is a good production, the descriptions while not flowery were captivating and the mini-story and different endings left me wanting for more.

I hope the author writes longer IF!

If you enjoyed You're In Deep...