Mindful

by Ian Michael Waddell profile

My kitchen is my sanctuary..

Mindful is a game in which you create your own cooking blog. It is an entry in ECTOCOMP 2019 in the La Petite Mort category (under 4 hours creation time.)

First Publication Date: October 31, 2019
TUID: uytoe2fhm4nx931k

7th Place, La Petite Mort - ECTOCOMP 2019

A short Ectocomp game about a heart warming cooking blog, November 10, 2019

This Twine game has an interesting accretive feature: you build a blog post paragraph by paragraph by making different selections (such as for the name, etc.).

It's all fairly mild stuff, but the fact this game has content warnings should let you know it can't last forever.

Presentation is nice and smooth. Good for a quick bite.

Deeeeelicious, July 5, 2021
by Sono

An excellent short game. Great atmosphere, setting the table with the wicker-and-smiles live laugh love mindfulness and health and family cooking blog aesthetic.

(Spoiler - click to show)The game did a great job of annoying me while keeping me going, well it CAN'T JUST be that, can it? so the twist was quite satisfying. Seeing a fresh human heart as one of the ingredients pop out between the other spices was delightful. The gruesome murder scene still filled with cheerful, on-tone nudges to the reader was perfect.

An unusual emotional experience, January 30, 2020
by Lance Campbell (United States)

Mindful is a very short game that is difficult to review without creating spoilers for the story.

I played it without any context other than knowing that the author who wrote it also wrote one of my favorite 2018 games Animalia. Suffice to say I was ill-prepared and I'm very glad I was because I feel like I had the emotional experience the author intended for the piece.

So, don't read too much about Mindful before you begin. Just experience it as it is and enjoy the ride.

If you enjoyed Mindful...

People who like Mindful also gave high ratings to these games:

Death off the Cuff, by Simon Christiansen
They all stare at you expectantly, like children waiting to be told a bedtime story. Who can blame them? You are, after all, Antoine Saint Germain, the great French detective. No criminal has ever been a match for you, and everybody is...

Braincase, by Dan Lance
You are a forensic contractor tasked with going through a person's memory implant to solve a crime.

Gourmet, by Aaron A. Reed and Chad Barb
Missing employees, wily crustaceans, malfunctioning kitchen equipment and a terminal food shortage, all on the night the most important culinary critic in the world has chosen to review your debut restaurant? Surely there's nowhere to go...

The following polls include votes for Mindful:

games with cooking by jlvp1234
I'm looking for games with cooking. ever since I have played gourmet and, gourmet version1, wich is the same, I have also played you got a stew going. does anyone have any recommendations other than these on wich I have just mentioned?

This is version 3 of this page, edited by imw on 1 June 2020 at 5:33pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item