adamsinform.zip *
AdamsGames.zip *
trs.zip *
atari8gm.zip *
SAhints.zip *
hint sheet and map in GUEmap format
Sols3.zip *
solution
AdamsHints.tar.Z
hint sheet
(Compressed with the Unix-style .tar.Z "tarball" format. Free unpacking tools are available for most platforms.)
AdamsHints.zip *

by Scott Adams

Episode 9 of Scott Adams Classic Adventures
Western
1980

You must explore a once-thriving mining town in search of the 13 hidden treasures. With everything from rattlesnakes to runaway horses, it sure ain't going to be easy! Includes a special bonus scoring system too!
Converted from original code by Paul David Doherty.
[--blurb from The Z-Files Catalogue]

License: Former commercial
IFID: ZCODE-1-980329-8BB3
TUID: rlxb5i0vjrnfr6x9

An overly-complicated oldschool western game, June 5, 2017

This is one of Scott Adams' later games, which are filled with unintuitive verbs and actions. If someone liked the earlier games, this would be an 'advanced' version of the earlier games.

I liked the atmosphere in this game, though. The spooky ghosts, the unusual voices, it all combined for a fun creepy feeling.

This game has a notable chemistry puzzle.

Ghost Town - A great town, January 6, 2015

This was my second IF game that I ever played. It is logical, well-thought out, with everything woven neatly together in the theme of the old west ghost town. Many sub goals to be solved: get the nails to shoe the horseshoe to the horse so you can ride the horse so you can get the (blank) so you can do (blank). Very clever.

Note: this review is based on older version of the game.

If you enjoyed Ghost Town...

People who like Ghost Town also gave high ratings to these games:

Inward Narrow Crooked Lanes , by B Minus Seven
Before we begin, we have a sharp-- I mean short intake form for you to fill out.

Babyface, by Mark Sample
We are haunted by the houses of our childhood. How unfamiliar they are, when we return. Yet you never forget, do you? You never really forget. A Southern Gothic horror story. Remember, of all the masks we wear, it's the final one that...

The Ballad of Johnny Croak, by Harry Tuffs, Failbetter Games
A string of horrible murders strikes London, made all the more horrid by their permanence. Who is Johnny Croak, the legendary urchin with the lethal crossbow? What’s his connection to Mr Fires' factories? And what's with all the frogs?

Ghost Town appears in the following Recommended Lists:

I Was A Teenage Adventure Gamer by J. J. Guest
I grew up playing IF on the Acorn Electron, and later the BBC Master Compact. My aim here is to create a complete list of all the games that were in my collection back in the 8-bit era. It is not a Recommended List as such. Most of the...

The following polls include votes for Ghost Town:

Influential Games by Rose
As a historical exercise, I've begun compiling a list of IF games that have either done something ground breaking with the medium or otherwise influenced it; and I've turned it into a poll so everyone can have input on the expansion....

Calling all Scott Adams fans... YOU PICK: I'll Play by diddlescatter
Okay, I've never played a Scott Adams game (*gasp!*), and I can't decide where to start. So here's my question to all you seasoned pros out there: IF I WERE TO PLAY JUST ONE SCOTT ADAMS GAME IN MY LIFE, WHICH ONE SHOULD I PLAY? Cast your...

Looking for a good Western. by Bishopofbasic
Howdy everyone, I'm on the hunt for a good western text adventure or IF depending on how you call it. Something, that's quite fun to play. The year of release doesn't matter to me. Just looking for some great games to sink my teeth into....

This is version 5 of this page, edited by Jimmy Maher on 25 August 2011 at 10:39am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item