Zip containing all the Comp games
Contains Quickfire-final.gblorb
For all systems. To play, you'll need a glulx interpreter - visit Brass Lantern for download links. (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

Quickfire

by Sean M. Shore profile

The sun has not even risen when the Elves rouse you from your rest. You've slept far too little since last night's bloodbath, but it's time once again for battle. You sharpen your blades and head to the arena. Only six combatants remain, including yourself. Great merciful Zeus, you are exhausted. But you're not giving up now, not with glory and treasure on the line.

Not to mention that spread in Food & Wine.

First Publication Date: January 6, 2018
License: Creative Commons
IFID: 0A5ED06B-C7C7-4325-861B-D4B73D282F7E
TUID: r86cepgeir9gg0du

Winner - Eleventh Hour New Year's Minicomp

Emily Short's Interactive Storytelling
[T]here’s a lot to appreciate about the implementation. The game notices a lot of possible details if you miss a step or swap out a suboptimal ingredient or don’t quite nail your cooking times. And I found myself engaging the cooking part of my brain (“hey, I could start heating this skillet up while I’m still mixing things to go in it”). One of the most persuasive cooking puzzles I’ve seen in parser IF.

A polished and complex short cooking-based game, March 21, 2018
I beta tested this game.

This is a unique concept for a text adventure. You are pitted in a Chopped-style cooking challenge against three other chefs. Your goal is to cook a certain recipe in twenty minutes.

Unfortunately, your competitors have their own ideas, and you have some trouble on your own.

This reminded me of Varicella, both in the numerous autonomous actions of others, and in the time constraint. It also left me feeling like there was more for me to discover that I hadn't figured out.

If you enjoyed Quickfire...

People who like Quickfire also gave high ratings to these games:

The Recruit, by Mike Sousa
Try your hand at the Real Life Interactive Gaming Simulacra! You'll face a variety of challenges and simulations and have a chance to win some money and great prizes. Apply today!

Hana Feels, by Gavin Inglis
Something is bothering Hana. Can you work out what it is? Take the part of four important people in her life and guide their conversations. After each scene, peek at Hana's journal and find out how she felt about the things you said.

robotsexpartymurder, by Hanon Ondricek
When suspects and witnesses are “property, not people,” how should those who seek the truth proceed? Date robots. Avert scandal. Bring protection. Content warning: Adult Situations, Language, and Humor, Sexual Descriptions, Mild Violence...

The following polls include votes for Quickfire:

games with cooking by jlvp1234
I'm looking for games with cooking. ever since I have played gourmet and, gourmet version1, wich is the same, I have also played you got a stew going. does anyone have any recommendations other than these on wich I have just mentioned?

This is version 7 of this page, edited by Zape on 6 July 2020 at 4:45pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item