Ectocomp 2014
Contains First Person.gblorb
For all systems. To play, you'll need a Z-Machine Interpreter with Blorb support - visit Brass Lantern for download links. (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

First Person

7th Place - EctoComp 2014

An unsettling parser experiment, June 10, 2016
by verityvirtue (London)
Related reviews: melancholic

[This game concerns a sadistic kidnapper. Please exercise discretion.]

First Person turns the relationship between the parser and the player on its head, making your interaction with the parser into a dialogue of sorts between a kidnapper and the victim. It's very brief. Details are kept to a minimum, to the point of underimplementation - it sometimes feels more like a proof of concept rather than a full-fledged game that one may be immersed into.

First Person is unsettling once you figure out what's going on, and be warned: there are no happy endings in this one. It's worth playing to figure out what's going on with the parser.

A short horror game with an unusual narrative viewpoint, July 16, 2017

This is an ectocomp game about a confined, frightening story with an unusual viewpoint suggested by the title of the story.

The game does a very good job at splitting up the parser-viewpoint and the player-viewpoint. It's also fairly grim. I enjoyed this game, but as a speed-IF, it had some spotty implementation.

If you enjoyed First Person...