Skulljhabit

by Porpentine profile

Idyllic Skull Digging Sim

kind of like Dampe the gravedigger meets Harvest Moon meets Ligotti.

First Publication Date: May 31, 2014
License: Free
TUID: psgq8xau1dkf4u5g

Referenced in A Study in Porpentine, by chintokkong

Grinding Atmosphere, June 5, 2014
by Caleb Wilson (Illinois)

The setting is fantastic (and mentioning Ligotti in the blurb is a sure way to catch my attention). The story moves forward in tiny, inching steps, constantly having to pause for a rest, and at first even large apparently "game-changing" moves (Spoiler - click to show)simply don't. After a certain point (Spoiler - click to show)the locale does in fact change, showing that the cycle of grim work can be broken, but there's always another cycle to get trapped in beyond the first cycle; maybe shoveling skulls forever isn't the worst job in the world after all.

(This didn't work quite right for me with firefox--after about 2/3 of the way through the links stopped working. It was fine with safari, though. I don't know why. It is definitely worth finding a browser that lets you see the whole thing.)

If you enjoyed Skulljhabit...

People who like Skulljhabit also gave high ratings to these games:

Vespers, by Jason Devlin
It has been five days, now. Five days since I made the choice. Five days since I closed the gate. Really, there was no choice. Rovato was damned when the first spot appeared: when the first bloody cough ensued from the mouth of an...

The Periwink, by Jedediah Berry
It's your last day as her ladyship's groundskeeperóbut you still have a little work left to do. A Petite Mort entry for ECTOCOMP 2016.

Starry Seeksorrow, by Caleb Wilson (as Ayla Rose)
An entry in ShuffleComp: Disc 2. Inspired by "The Violet Hour" by Dolls Come to Life.

Skulljhabit appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Games I Have Played by Canis
Just so I can keep track of them.

This is version 1 of this page, edited by Porpentine on 1 June 2014 at 3:50pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item