The Fairy Woods

- kierlani, April 3, 2020

- Max Silver, June 1, 2019

- E.K., May 30, 2019

Makes me sure IF has huge potential, May 30, 2019

What a great style! Fine storytelling and background create a lord of the rings kind of atmosphere. I enjoy such short stories with so many alternative endings.
What makes a good IF in my opinion?
-Not too short, not too long.
-A universe vague enough not to distract from the plot and that makes sense at the same time
-No "right" choices. Some games are just do the right thing or lose.

This game has all three. A wonderful and inspiring way to spend up to an hour with a cup of tea.

I also liked how sometimes entire piece of text appears and sometimes it appears part by part.
Combination of using parameters and plot branches also deserves a thank you to the author.

As for the cons, I'd say that some scenes can be a little bit shorter though the balance between reading and making decision is almost perfect.

I am making an app that combines stories like this one, and once it is out I will contact the author to include this story in Gamebook.

Well written and replayable, June 3, 2018

This is a well written story that focuses on relationships and internal struggles in a political world. There are 9 endings and a variety of paths that make this game highly replayable. It has a smart and low key tone great for playing this game with your teenage child. The story is not groundbreaking, and I am not a huge fan of CYOAs, but I liked this one. The story is not groundbreaking. but it is fun.

- Wanderlust, August 3, 2017

A charming fairy tale about a quest for a lost love, August 20, 2016

This twine game takes a lot of well-used tropes and works then into something special.

This is a 10-20 minute game with 9 endings. You seek a loved one in the fairy woods, and face a sequence of 2-3 choices at a time when finding them.

The game takes classic fairy ideas like fairy rings or greedy trolls and somehow gives them a sense of realness. The NPCS are all thoughtful.

The styling is individualized for this game and uses occasional special fonts.

- hoopla, January 29, 2016