Yes, Another Game with a Dragon!

by John Kean

- Guenni (At home), March 9, 2018

- Denk, July 9, 2017

- NinaS, July 3, 2016

A campy fantasy game with a colored magic system and a dragon, February 3, 2016

This game has a mid-sized map and a good number of items and characters. It is not too hard, but it takes quite a bit of time compared to most IFComp games. You are trying to rescue a princess from a dragon, and you have to explore a forest.

You compete with other adventurers, and you have to use magic embodied by water-balloon like spheres that you toss at things. There are several items that you use over and over again.

The game has some sexual innuendos in it that creep up fairly often at the beginning and at the end.

Overall, a game for fans of Zork-style humor.

- Sobol (Russia), May 30, 2015

- Thrax, March 11, 2015

- Boochuckles (Tampa Bay, Fl), August 22, 2014

SPAG

[...] YAGWAD is the funniest game I've played this year. From the rousing prologue (and responses to "score" and "fullscore" therein), to the delightful ascii art animation in the title, to the encyclopedia salesman (insert Monty Python clip), to the friendly teeth, the troll, the answering machine, the monks....well, I could go on all day. Suffice to say, YAGWAD kept me grinning ear to ear from beginning to end. The humor is dead on, comparable to Steve Meretzky's and often better.

-- Suzanne Britton

You wrote this review - Revise it | Add a comment

>VERBOSE -- Paul O'Brian's Interactive Fiction Page

The writing in YAGWAD is technically excellent, and I didn't find a single bug in the code, either. Like I said, if Infocom was a British company, they might easily have produced this game. I mean that compliment as strongly as it sounds. Anybody who likes Infocom-style IF ought to give this game a try. Even those of you who shudder at the thought of Yet Another Game With A Dragon. (And you know who you are.)

You wrote this review - Revise it | Add a comment