Story file
Requires a Z-Code interpreter. Visit IFWiki for download links.

Trapped in a Small Room

by Anthony

2010

A standard escape game that begins in darkness. Fortunately, you're carrying a lemon, a wire, and a flashlight...

First Publication Date: August 5, 2010
IFID: 9AC93685-6475-40D0-BCF5-1B8A9FC32430
TUID: l9b4y019ff41mgdq

Ug!, January 4, 2011
by tggdan3 (Michigan)

First of all, bonus points for the lemon-flashlight puzzle. Very clever. However, you describe the "wire" as "wires" but the game does not understand "wires" as the "wire". Frustrating.

When you get to the "exit" you cannot "enter" the "exit" (and the game doesn't recognise hole).

The trap door is to the west, apparantly (up and down do not use it), which is odd, considering trap doors are usually built into floors.

The purple book should probably not state (in which is a key) when you first see it.

I assume the fact that you cannot leave through the exit is a mistake, since it clearly says that I can.

Also examining myself seems to examine the flashlight.

This game is not hard (it tells you what to do at each step) but the lack of synonyms and several errors (not to mention the extremely tired premise of trying to escape a room that changes for no reason and contains no logical puzzles) dooms this game to obscurity. I was really excited about the lemon-flashlight puzzle, as it was clever, but then, the game tells you when you look at the flashlight to put the lemon on the wires. (And putting the lemon into the flashlight doesn't work- well it DOES work, but doesn't turn on the lights).

Trapped in a Small Room on IFDB

Trapped in a Small Room appears in the following Recommended Lists:

New walkthroughs for January 2022 by David Welbourn
On Wednesday, January 26, 2022, I published new walkthroughs for the games and stories listed below! Some of these were paid for by my wonderful patrons at Patreon. Please consider supporting me to make even more new walkthroughs for...

This is version 2 of this page, edited by David Welbourn on 26 January 2022 at 8:58pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item