The .zip file contains all you need to play, plus a font that we suggest you install for a better experience. Gargoyle recommended.
Game Package
Contains ANDROMEDA 1983.gblorb
Contains: the game, a font, Gargoyle .ini file for setting, Cover and Small cover.
For all systems. To play, you'll need a glulx interpreter - visit Brass Lantern for download links. (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

ANDROMEDA 1983

by Marco Innocenti profile

You are Ektor Mastiff, a scientist carrying the most important news in the world! Bring it to the Scientific Committee before it's too late!

ANDROMEDA 1983 - An Adventure Game by Marco Innocenti
is 1983 by SpaceWhale Software
Music by Wade Clarke. (P) and (C) 2015 Wade Clarke

[The game is a remake, in the style of the 80's Era of Text Adventures, of the game Andromeda Awakening by Marco Innocenti - Only part of the game overlaps with the original one and should be considered a brand new experience. Don't expect it to be friendly with the user or to contain the latest technologies. WARNING: mild spoilers for those who haven't finished the original game!]

First Publication Date: December 8, 2015
License: Creative Commons
Forgiveness Rating: Polite
IFID: 7D5ACB3B-1F2C-4126-970A-DDA4A65B9FFB
TUID: k7gryitw24knktcc

Amazing setting for an exciting story and a bunch of not-so-easy puzzles, December 8, 2015

Amazing setting for an exciting story and a bunch of not-so-easy puzzles. It gave me fun and kept me busy more than I expected. The vintage 8bit style graphics add a lot of atmosphere, but also the texts are brilliant.

If you enjoyed ANDROMEDA 1983...

People who like ANDROMEDA 1983 also gave high ratings to these games:

Tales from Castle Balderstone, by Ryan Veeder
An anthology of terror, edited by Ryan Veeder. Also an ECTOCOMP 2018 entry.

Aayela, by Magnus Olsson

Retarded Creatures and Caverns, by John Wilson
Life in the SHYRE had its advantages: it was relatively peaceful and for most of the time quite uneventful; but occasionally something would take place that could make you wish that you were a million miles from there! Up until now it...

The following polls include votes for ANDROMEDA 1983:

Best sci-fi games by Ant-Fan
I'm looking for games from the sci-fi genre. I would prefer classic-style games, even if they're not classics (such as 'Across The Stars') because one of my all-time favorites is Planetfall, but really, anything goes.

For Your Consideration - XYZZY-eligible games of 2015 by Brendan Patrick Hennessy
This is for suggesting games released in 2015 which you think might be worth considering for Best Game in the XYZZY awards. This is not a zeroth-round nomination. The category will still be text-entry, and games not mentioned here will...

Best in-game music by MathBrush
I'm looking for games with great in-game soundtracks.

This is version 2 of this page, edited by Marco Innocenti on 24 December 2015 at 6:51am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item