Play online (UK Server - slow outside europe?)
European server - might be slow outside Europe. When playing online, you must first find and click on the command field before you can "hit any key" and you must hit Enter even though it says any key. This is not a game bug but a limitation in the Adrift WebRunner.
Alternative server for online play - might be faster
Story file - requires interpreter like FrankenDrift or Adrift runner
Requires an ADRIFT version 5 interpreter. Visit IFWiki for download links.

Achtung Panzer!

by Larry Horsfield profile

War

You are the driver of a Panzer Mark III in the North African desert in 1942. Your tank is hit by armour-piercing shells and the rest of your crew are all killed. You are unfamiliar with the layout of the tank and must find a way out before the tank blows up. If you manage to get out in time, you must then make your way back to your own lines.

First Publication Date: February 1, 2022
Development System: ADRIFT
Forgiveness Rating: Tough
TUID: if7yuwgddr9mp8fy

VERY short Adrift game but well researched - german WW2 perspective, February 4, 2023
by Denk
Related reviews: ADRIFT 5

(played online with the old clunky WebRunner for Adrift games - refresh your browser!)
First a heads-up: Notice the command VOCAB. It lists 12 words. These verbs/prepositions are more than necessary to complete the game, when applied on the right objects / directions. So even though a few of the commands are not common nowadays, please look at this VOCAB list and you will find that the game isn't that hard after all.

Now on to the review, starting with a disclaimer: I beta-tested this game. I should also mention that this is a VERY short game but if you don't use the VOCAB command, it may take a lot of time to solve it. It can theoretically be solved in seven moves though.

You play the role of a German tank driver during WWII and you are approaching Kidney Ridge when you are attacked and all your crew mates are killed. You must now escape and flee the area. I must warn you that the descriptions of your dead crew mates are a bit detailed.

If you want excellent puzzles, this game isn't really of much interest. However, if you find the detailed descriptions of all the machinery and weapons interesting, I can tell you that it is well researched and described.

You may also find a challenge in getting 100 points as you can complete it with as little as 60 points. I managed to get 95 points. And you can disable the turn counter if you think it is too frustrating to die over and over until you find a way out of the tank.

An interesting game if you are in the mood for a short game from a different perspective.

If you enjoyed Achtung Panzer!...