at itch.​io
pumpkin.zip
Contains index.html

Pumpkin Pie for your soul

by Nils Fagerburg profile

Bake a pumpkin pie for the spooky ghost, or forfeit your soul!

An ECTOCOMP 2019 parser game.

First Publication Date: October 30, 2019
Development System: Custom
IFID: DDA16399-88FA-4E03-85FE-153213E0B68E
TUID: i8qmnoqxxc00bkge

6th Place, Le Grand Guignol - ECTOCOMP 2019

A slice of life or death, November 25, 2019

Light-hearted Ectocomp entry. A ghost has suddenly appeared in your kitchen demanding a pumpkin pie. You'd better get to work!

Very user-friendly (bolded room exits, command syntax hints). Compact location, fun writing. Some neat puzzles.

Lots of exploring the small little house area to find ingredients, and a few small puzzles beyond that as you follow the recipe for the pie.

Multiple endings depending on how the pie turns out; the ghost will rate you on your baking skills. Very nice looking interface. Think I ended up with a score in the 70s?

Definitely recommended!

A difficult pie cooking game with a gorgeous aesthetic, November 20, 2019

Visually, this game is a treat. It does for a parser game what has been increasingly common for high-end Twine games over the last few years: custom fonts, background images, special styling (here marginal notes). I love it, and, having tried for a long time to style my Quixe games, I know how hard it can be.

Gameplay-wise, this is polished for an Ectocomp game. You have a ghost that randomly curses things, and a big recipe sheet that tells you how to cook things.

I didn't do too hot, getting 42 on my first attempt and then (undoing for more chances but messing up) getting a 0.

If you enjoyed Pumpkin Pie for your soul...

People who like Pumpkin Pie for your soul also gave high ratings to these games:

Nocked! True Tales of Robin Hood, by Andrew G. Schneider
You are Robin of Locksley. Hounded from your home by the Sheriff of Nottingham, take control of your fate in this extravagant choose-your-own-adventure style role-playing game. Rob from the rich, rally the people, build a settlement, and...

The Chasing, by Anssi Räisänen

Starcross, by Dave Lebling
Starcross, Infocom's science fiction mind-bender, launches you headlong into the year 2186 and the depths of space. And not without good reason, for you are destined to rendezvous with a gargantuan starship from the outer fringes of the...

Pumpkin Pie for your soul appears in the following Recommended Lists:

The following polls include votes for Pumpkin Pie for your soul:

games with cooking by jlvp1234
I'm looking for games with cooking. ever since I have played gourmet and, gourmet version1, wich is the same, I have also played you got a stew going. does anyone have any recommendations other than these on wich I have just mentioned?

Games with NPCs that tag along by Ghalev
List here any games that feature a (preferably memorable!) "sidekick" character - an NPC who follows the viewpoint character around for most or all of the game, as per Floyd in Planetfall or Trent/Tiffany in Leather Goddesses of Phobos.

This is version 7 of this page, edited by nf on 29 December 2019 at 7:16am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item