at itch.​io
pumpkin.zip
Contains index.html

Pumpkin Pie for your soul

by Nils Fagerburg profile

Bake a pumpkin pie for the spooky ghost, or forfeit your soul!

An ECTOCOMP 2019 parser game.

First Publication Date: October 30, 2019
Development System: Custom
IFID: DDA16399-88FA-4E03-85FE-153213E0B68E
TUID: i8qmnoqxxc00bkge

6th Place, Le Grand Guignol - ECTOCOMP 2019

A slice of life or death, November 25, 2019
Light-hearted Ectocomp entry. A ghost has suddenly appeared in your kitchen demanding a pumpkin pie. You'd better get to work!

Very user-friendly (bolded room exits, command syntax hints). Compact location, fun writing. Some neat puzzles.

Lots of exploring the small little house area to find ingredients, and a few small puzzles beyond that as you follow the recipe for the pie.

Multiple endings depending on how the pie turns out; the ghost will rate you on your baking skills. Very nice looking interface. Think I ended up with a score in the 70s?

Definitely recommended!

A difficult pie cooking game with a gorgeous aesthetic, November 20, 2019
Visually, this game is a treat. It does for a parser game what has been increasingly common for high-end Twine games over the last few years: custom fonts, background images, special styling (here marginal notes). I love it, and, having tried for a long time to style my Quixe games, I know how hard it can be.

Gameplay-wise, this is polished for an Ectocomp game. You have a ghost that randomly curses things, and a big recipe sheet that tells you how to cook things.

I didn't do too hot, getting 42 on my first attempt and then (undoing for more chances but messing up) getting a 0.

If you enjoyed Pumpkin Pie for your soul...

People who like Pumpkin Pie for your soul also gave high ratings to these games:

Strayed, by Adventure Cow
Strayed is a dark, atmospheric tale in the tradition of Stephen King or Dean R. Koontz. You're only fifteen miles from home; but those fifteen miles are a lonely road through woods drenched in mystery, that many locals dare not enter....

Entangled, by Dark Star
Caught up in a time-travel experiment gone wrong, the actions you perform in the past will ripple forward in time. Can you find your way back without unraveling the universe? A small town stirs in your wake.

Ishmael, by Jordan Magnuson
A short game about displacement.

Pumpkin Pie for your soul appears in the following Recommended Lists:

The following polls include votes for Pumpkin Pie for your soul:

games with cooking by jlvp1234
I'm looking for games with cooking. ever since I have played gourmet and, gourmet version1, wich is the same, I have also played you got a stew going. does anyone have any recommendations other than these on wich I have just mentioned?

Games with NPCs that tag along by Ghalev
List here any games that feature a (preferably memorable!) "sidekick" character - an NPC who follows the viewpoint character around for most or all of the game, as per Floyd in Planetfall or Trent/Tiffany in Leather Goddesses of Phobos.

This is version 7 of this page, edited by nf on 29 December 2019 at 7:16am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item