External Links

Updates to external links

Project Postmortem

by Gamefic

2024

Professor Murphy learned something he wasn't supposed to know. Someone's willing to kill to keep it secret.

Entrant - ParserComp 2024

Tags you added are shown below with checkmarks. To remove one of your tags, simply un-check it.

Enter new tags here (use commas to separate tags):

Not much to it, July 8, 2024

This is a minigame with one puzzle. The puzzle has decent clues and a solid solution. I'd say that this game is a good start, and I'd encourage the author to work on a more ambitious project in their next game.

Was this review helpful to you?   Yes   No   Remove vote
More Options

Brief investigation game, July 9, 2024

Gamefic! I remember a Gamefic game in my first IFComp, Second Story, I remember the parser being better than many custom systems.

This game is pretty small, but it shows the relative usefulness of the parser system. There are a small cluster of rooms in an academic area. Your job is to investigate the death of a beloved professor. But in the middle of your investigation, everything changes.

This game is very minimal. Descriptions are bare-bones. Each room has one object of interest in it, except for one room with 2 or 3. I solved the game by just trying the only available actions.

The parser is pretty good. I didnít really encounter any trouble. Some fancy future options might be pronoun recognition and cycling through past commands when pushing Ďupí, but the save and undo system worked well.

Was this review helpful to you?   Yes   No   Remove vote
More Options

This is version 1 of this page, edited by Dan Fabulich on 8 July 2024 at 6:48pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item - Delete This Page