Game File
Walkthrough and maps

The Cube in the Cavern

by Andrew Schultz profile

2017

A round world is scientifically ridiculous, of course, but a cube floating in air? You just might find a great scientific secret. Don't be too square to give it a try!

First Publication Date: October 1, 2017
IFID: 4603298F-4766-47B4-BEB6-AF55710FEAB7
TUID: bif1htzf96yn9u6d

39th Place - 23rd Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2017)

News

Expand all | Add a news item

A fun little color-based mathematical puzzle, November 17, 2017

This is one of my favorite Andrew Schultz games. It has you in a world where pseudoscience is real and real science is pseudoscience.

You play on a giant colored cube, and have to manipulate some transponders using a mood ring.

There's a second puzzle later that I did have trouble with, but overall, I liked the concept, and the game.

If you enjoyed The Cube in the Cavern...

People who like The Cube in the Cavern also gave high ratings to these games:

Balances, by Graham Nelson
"A homage to Infocom's Enchanter Trilogy, at the same time showing some of the things that Inform is capable of doing." [--blurb from The Z-Files Catalogue]

Insight, by Jon Ingold

Stargazer, by Jonathan Fry
The prologue to a much longer game, Stargazer features you as a young lad trying to escape the everyday routine of life underground. [--blurb from The Z-Files Catalogue]

The Cube in the Cavern appears in the following Recommended Lists:

New walkthroughs for November 2021 by David Welbourn
On Friday, November 26, 2021, I published new walkthroughs for the games and stories listed below! Some of these were paid for by my wonderful patrons at Patreon. Please consider supporting me to make even more new walkthroughs for works...

This is version 5 of this page, edited by David Welbourn on 26 November 2021 at 9:31pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item