Source code
Complete with translation comments!

Le butin du Capitaine Verdeterre

by Ryan Veeder profile

Porter ce sac, je crois que c'est plutôt votre rôle. Moi, je délègue les tâches.

Language: French (fr)
First Publication Date: February 28, 2014
IFID: 8CE7C152-4D4F-4C30-8B71-59DE3C6A8B9A
TUID: 9zmsjhige1naldhg

French translation of Captain Verdeterre's Plunder, by Ryan Veeder

Has substantially more French than the original, July 22, 2017

This review is part of the Official Ryan Veeder Weekend Review Contest with Guaranteed Prize.

While I was alarmed by the 'vitesse alarmante' of the 'eau' entering my ship, I was able to escape towards 'la poupe'.

While the addition of extra French improved the game considerably, it had no effect on pre-existing French. I would have preferred seeing Capitaine Earthworm or some other variation thereof.

If you enjoyed Le butin du Capitaine Verdeterre...

People who like Le butin du Capitaine Verdeterre also gave high ratings to these games:

Ollie Ollie Oxen Free, by Carolyn VanEseltine
"War may sometimes be a necessary evil. But no matter how necessary, it is always an evil, never a good. We will not learn how to live together in peace by killing each other's children." - Jimmy Carter

The Shape of Our Container, by Rocketnia
You open your eyes as the breeze settles around you. The clouds proceed slowly through the sky, and the ground is flat and white for as far as it goes. "What were you dreaming about?" ze says, zir hand resting on your forehead to keep...

Harbinger, by Kenna
A week ago a horrible thing emerged and killed the wizard of the tower. You were there; you saw it happen. You are the only one who knows what's coming, and on your own you have no means to stop it. That's not going to stop you from...

The following polls include votes for Le butin du Capitaine Verdeterre:

Good Games in French/Bons jeux en français by thecanvasrose
I've recently reached an intermediate level of French speaking at my university. I can easily read relatively straightforward sentences, that is, but writing which is highly poetic or archaic I will not understand. I think I know French...

This is version 2 of this page, edited by dutchmule on 23 April 2015 at 8:43am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item