Comp release
Contains Schief.zblorb

Schief

by Olaf Nowacki

Insurance agent Kai-Uwe Hase would like to win a prominent lady as a customer, which requires a very special kind of sensitivity.

Language: German (de)
First Publication Date: April 1, 2022
Current Version: 1/220404
License: Creative Commons
TUID: 7iv9yq3r4rszbak1

1st Place - 12th IF Grand Prix 2022

A short, one-room german comedy game about disasters, June 5, 2022

This German game has an English version, Wry, which was entered into Spring Thing and which was well-received.

I actually enjoyed this version a bit more, which I guess, for me, lends credence to the Sapir–Whorf hypothesis. I really appreciated how the game led you on on what to do, and how responsive it was, in general. In addition, I saw less of the ribald fantasies in this version, as I knew less commands to try out lol.

There were a couple of minor issues; looking at the wall gave a response in English ("On the wall above the sofa hang several pictures"), and X BILDER still lists a young lady being among the pictures even when the canvas has slipped out. But overall, I found this enjoyable and fresh.

If you enjoyed Schief...

People who like Schief also gave high ratings to these games:

Le jour où la Terre dégusta, by Yakkafo
​Vous croyiez devoir finir vos jours à enseigner la linguistique dans un amphithéâtre décrépi, quand la France vient vous confier une mission hors du commun : sauver la Terre d’un quiproquo interplanétaire.

Tránsito, by n-n
Una Ficción Interactiva en múltiples umbrales. La historia está situada en un espacio de frontera, un cambio de época y al límite entre la vida y la muerte.

Dual Transform, by Andrew Plotkin
This game takes place in a single room — but not always the same one. The room contains just one item, but again, there's more to it than that. Experiment and enjoy.

Schief appears in the following Recommended Lists:

My favourite games of all time by Nomad
I like parser games with easy puzzles that play in a detailed game world. That's two completely different things: I love to dive into a game world, explore its locations, backgrounds, lores and laws, NPCs and their relations. And there...

This is version 2 of this page, edited by ifwizz on 2 May 2022 at 10:45am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item