Playable online at itch.​io

Charlie the Chimp

by Garry Francis profile

Humor

It's a beautiful day in the gorilla enclosure at Sydney's famous Taronga Park Zoo. There's only one problem. You're not a gorilla, you're a chimpanzee named Charlie. Some idiot zookeeper has mistaken you for a baby gorilla and put you in the wrong enclosure. It must be someone new, as the staff are normally very good.

The gorilla is currently asleep. You need to find your way back home to the chimpanzee enclosure before the gorilla wakes up and sits on you. Or worse!

Or maybe you'll have to wake him. That's for you to work out.

First Publication Date: July 5, 2020

5th Place - The Next Adventure Jam

Fun with decent parser and nice illustrations, July 14, 2020
by Denk
Related reviews: Adventuron

This game was part of the jam/competition "The Next Adventure Jam". It is fairly short but it has some nice puzzles and illustrations. Unlike some Adventuron games, this game understands up to four words such as PUT BALL IN BOX. I had no problems with the parser. You might think that Adventuron games require a nostalgic interest in retro-computing, but I don't think so, though they are usually puzzly parser games. The graphics are pixelated and the fonts are retro but otherwise, it is a fun short quality game, which I recommend.

If you enjoyed Charlie the Chimp...