Online play
Story file
Download at textadventures.​co.​uk

BYOD [es]

by n-n profile

Hoy empiezas tus prácticas de informática en una empresa. La compañía que te han asignado es McKenzie & Lloyds, un gigante del sector de la consultoría y los servicios profesionales (sea lo que sea eso). En la universidad te han podido proporcionar escasa información: solamente la dirección de la oficina y la fecha (hoy).

Language: Castilian (es)

Translated to English in BYOD, by n-n

CAAD

Reseñas en caad.es.

Fun Puzzle, Fun Toy, Substantial Plot, June 14, 2018
by IFforL2 (Chiayi, Taiwan)

BYOD begins with the gender-neutral PC as a new employee in an awkward situation. It quickly gives you (Spoiler - click to show)a a fun toy, (Spoiler - click to show)a hacker app, to play with.(Spoiler - click to show) You can use it to help someone or to create mischief. (Spoiler - click to show)It reminded me of the magical language in Suveh Nux, but in a modern technological and bureaucratic setting. This makes me wonder, do hackers sometimes feel like wizards?

The author, n-n, was kind enough to email back and forth with me before I decided to write this review. He showed me how (Spoiler - click to show)the app can do even more than it initially appears to. He also told me that the NPCs are inspired by (Spoiler - click to show)stories of office harrassment he'd read and seen in the news.

n-n's English is perfect, as far as I can tell, and this work deserves a translation. I did not feel frustrated by the puzzle, because there was so much fun to have while figuring out the mechanic. I continued playing with it after I finished the reading. The plot revealed itself in an ingenius way that further increased the replay value. It also revealed something to me about my personal ethics when I'm being snubbed. I actually felt a bit (Spoiler - click to show)guilty once I realized (Spoiler - click to show)that I had been making trouble for the wrong NPC, who wasn't my antagonist at all! I just had to give myself a Groundhog's Day as a sort of apology to my own conscience.

If you enjoyed BYOD [es]...

People who like BYOD [es] also gave high ratings to these games:

Pluto, en los tiempos del flamenco, by Billy Fernández
"El flamenco es la ciencia del tiempo. Al son de las palmas se retuercen las horas y los días y entre los dedos se entretejen los momentos. Presta atención Pluto: Si no interiorizas el ritmo, quién sabe qué tiempo arribarás". Pluto, en...

Anchorhead, by Michael Gentry
You take a deep breath of salty air as the first raindrops begin to spatter the pavement, and the swollen, slate-colored clouds that blanket the sky mutter ominous portents amongst themselves over the little coastal town of Anchorhead....

Los Extraordinarios Casos del Dr. Van Halen Caso 1: Misterio en la Catedral, by Josep Coletas Caubet
En este primer caso el Dr. Van Halen, por recomendación del famoso detective Sherlock Holmes es invitado a investigar los extraños sucesos acaecidos en torno a la Catedral de Le Nebleau, en Francia. A lo largo de la aventura iremos...

The following polls include votes for BYOD [es]:

Great games that consist of a single puzzle by Spike
I'm looking for well-designed and challenging games that revolve around solving a single puzzle. The puzzle may have multiple parts, but the whole game needs to be essentially about solving that single puzzle.

One room games by cpuguy
I would like to know what one room games are available. I enjoyed the acorn court, and am looking for more similar games.

Very Short Games by tggdan3
Games that can be completed in less than 30 mintues. Need not be one room (though that obviously helps). Hopefully, the games are fun as well.

This is version 8 of this page, edited by n-n on 15 September 2020 at 4:58am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item