granite.gam
Requires a TADS interpreter. Visit IFWiki for download links.
readme.txt

IFID: TADS2-8BCD817C555605B4D0C36D446A21A0A6
TUID: 2fpdg173z3fyglrm

Off-Site Reviews

SPAG
This is another work where the author seems to have a clear idea what it's about, but it's not coming across very clearly. The game exists in its own universe, bending even parser messages to conform to its distinctive voice. It is all symbolic, like a dream; also like a dream, its symbols are difficult to reckon. There is enough consistency to the story and its imagery to seem thoroughly thought out, but it remains opaque to my comprehension all the same. I can see that there is an active mind behind it, but I cannot fathom what the mind intended to communicate to me.
-- J. Robinson Wheeler

>VERBOSE -- Paul O'Brian's Interactive Fiction Page

At no time during this game did I have any clear conception of what was supposed to be going on. At various points, I thought that the PC might be a king, a transient, a guy on a date, a psychopath, a spirit, or a troll. Perhaps he's the itinerant ghost of an insane troll king, looking for love. I really have no idea... I can imagine solving the game without the hints, if I was lucky enough to guess at the right interpretation of its descriptions, but I can't imagine understanding it. I can't exactly say that's a defect in the game -- who knows, maybe I'm just not bright enough to get it? But I can authoritatively say that I didn't enjoy it.

Page Update History

v.5: 12-May-2013 06:20 - Paul O'Brian (Current Version) - Edit Page - Normal View
  v.4: 12-May-2013 06:20 - Edward Lacey