Source Code
This is a pseudo-format used to represent download adviser records that apply to multiple formats. (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

36 Questions

by Dietrich Squinkifer (Squinky) profile

A game about falling in love through the power of psychology as the world is about to end.

First Publication Date: January 25, 2015
TUID: ypae0d973yn6uhj4

A story about connections, June 22, 2021

"36 Questions" is based on a psychological study-turned-meme, where there are supposedly 36 questions that two strangers ask each other that would make them fall in love with each other. The questions are all about gradually moving beyond your comfort zone, starting off simple and eventually going deeper and deeper into private secrets.

The game has a simple premise, and it follows through to the end. The premise is that the world is ending, and you (the player/reader) are stuck with the author somewhere, so you do the 36 questions with each other. The author says their answer, and then there's a free text-entry box for the player to enter their answer (it's not saved anywhere).

I really appreciated reading through the anecdotes of the author's life, and I was inspired to attempt to type some meaningful answers of my own, in a virtual act of fictitious reciprocity. It's a contemplative game, inviting me as the reader to reflect upon my own circumstances, to think about some things that I don't really think about very often. But there's always a part of me that feels strange gazing into another person's life like this...

Last chat, July 12, 2015

I like fun quizzes. Personal questions. Self knowledge. Meeting someone new.

Writing games like Does Canned Rice Dream of a Napkin Heap? are ok.

I would like to talk to somebody who listens. Bookmarks.

If you enjoyed 36 Questions...

People who like 36 Questions also gave high ratings to these games:

[PYG]MALION*, by C.J.
A story about you  The Murdered God  and your attempt to solve the mystery of your death in places beyond.

Photopia, by Adam Cadre
"Will you read me a story?" "Read you a story? What fun would that be? I've got a better idea: let's tell a story together."

Tragic, by Jared Jackson
It's a game within a game within a game. Come see what the cards hold in store for you.

The following polls include votes for 36 Questions:

For Your Consideration - XYZZY-eligible NPCs of 2015 by verityvirtue
This is for suggesting non-player characters from games released 2015 who you think might be worth considering for Best NPCs/Best Individual NPC in the XYZZY awards. Leave the name (or namelessness) of the NPC (or NPCs) in the comment on...

This is version 8 of this page, edited by Dan Fabulich on 9 August 2021 at 5:11pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item