Adventure Sheet
The character sheet that players are suggested to use.
To view this file, you need an Acrobat Reader for your system.

Girth Loinhammer and the Quest for the Unsee Elixir

by Damon L. Wakes profile

Comedy

You are Girth Loinhammer, Dungeon Lord! It's a pretty sweet gig, with a gigantic trap-filled underground dungeon and a vast collection of torture devices with which to torment those who venture within your domain.

Or rather, it would be a pretty sweet gig if the people venturing within your domain weren't as keen on all that as you are: you have seen things that cannot be unseen.

...or can they?

First Publication Date: October 1, 2019
IFID: 3B7B5A1F-1FD6-4801-A3E1-5D2D4994BCEA
TUID: yofyorw91relz7kt

33rd Place - 25th Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2019)

The Gaming Philosopher
Light fantasy game-book parody
I definitely enjoyed myself for the fifteen minutes it took me to play through twice; and that was surely precisely what was intended with Girth Loinhammer and the Quest for the Unsee Elixir. The author may want to raise the hit-to-miss ratio of the jokes if they want to create something longer in the future, but there was enough fun stuff here to carry this light little story. Recommended if you're in the mood.

A highly branching funny Twine game with pencil and paper activity, October 10, 2019

This game is fantasy game where you, Lord of a torture dungeon that is not serving its original purpose, must go on a quest to unsee terrible things.

There are many branches, and many variables. Instead of the game tracking the variables, you need to write down on a personal Adventure Sheet. It's possible to cheat, but the game does a good job of checking!

This is a funny game. It has some raunchy humor, but more in a 'nudge nudge wink wink' way than anything explicit. I found it enjoyable, if a bit silly and short.

An amusingly fun way to spend half an hour, December 29, 2019

This choice-based game made me smile pretty much the whole way through. It's a short parody of fantasy role-playing gamebooks; it even comes with a character sheet to print and fill out. I enjoyed adding traits like (Spoiler - click to show)Orcular Trauma and (Spoiler - click to show)"Smooth Moves" (the latter in scare quotes, of course) to my character sheet.

The humor has a light touch. It's frequently sexually suggestive (the title is "Girth Loinhammer," after all), but it's on the level of Leather Goddesses of Phobos's "suggestive" mode.

All in all, an amusingly fun way to spend a half hour. (I played it twice, and after my second play I clicked the back button a few times to check out alternative endings.)

If you enjoyed Girth Loinhammer and the Quest for the Unsee Elixir...

People who like Girth Loinhammer and the Quest for the Unsee Elixir also gave high ratings to these games:

Saturdays, by verityvirtue
"The gateway opens once a week. Tomorrow I'm going in." Three schoolkids discover something very, very bad in an abandoned school. Originally written for the A Game By its Cover jam. Submitted to ECTOCOMP 2017. Content warnings for...

Little Blue Men, by Michael S. Gentry
This game is a joke. This game is a warning. This game is a satire. This game is inspired in equal parts by Vaclav Havel's "The Memorandum" and Hunter S. Thompson's "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas". This game is a big, stupid shaggy dog...

Walker & Silhouette, by C.E.J. Pacian
Team up with a dashing detective and an iconoclastic flapper to solve absurd and unfathomable crimes in this interactive story - where you control the action just by typing or clicking highlighted words in the text. Walker & Silhouette...

This is version 4 of this page, edited by JTN on 11 December 2020 at 6:36pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item