This Person Is Not My Father

by N. Cormier profile

Something is happening to your dad.

First Publication Date: October 31, 2021
IFID: 6E359FD7-0AC7-441C-BEBC-302AA346B775
TUID: yjfd5otvsjkmxq85

6th Place, La Petite Mort - English - ECTOCOMP 2021

A short, linear twine tale about a true-life parental tragedy, November 14, 2021

This is a short Twine entry in Ectocomp 2021 and is, I believe from comments on intfiction, based on a true story.

You are a young girl with a generally kind and loving father. He begins acting strangely, though, and you try to come up with a hypothesis to explain his behavior. But nothing you do helps...

The game has some options, but is generally structured linearly. The game has custom styling, but the majority of the game's strength resides in its matter-of-fact storytelling of an emotional and complex issue. I found it polished, descriptive, emotionally compelling, and with just enough dynamic energy to push the story forward; however, I don't see much replay value. That would make it a 4-star game under my rubric.

If you enjoyed This Person Is Not My Father...

People who like This Person Is Not My Father also gave high ratings to these games:

Cup of Frost, Palm of Gold, by Emma Osborne

Eurydice, by Anonymous
A short game about grief, with occasional snakes.

The Statue Got Me High, by Ryan Veeder
Your job is to make sure John's party is successful. It won't be, though. Written for the Apollo 18+20 tribute album project.

This is version 2 of this page, edited by N. Cormier on 1 November 2021 at 1:43am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item