LF-BLB-ENG.zip
Contains ENG_LittleFalls.blb
Includes sounds and images.
For all systems. To play, you'll need a glulx interpreter - visit Brass Lantern for download links. (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

Little Falls

by Alessandro Schillaci, Roberto Grassi, and Simonato Enrico

Mystery
2005

Minnesota, September 2005. A serial killer hunting young women. A policeman with nightmares in his past. “To all units near Little Falls, there’s a 5150 code. A woman called 911, saying she’s in trouble. Head for 10th Av SW, Little Falls. Possible 5150.”

A house on the Mississippi, protected from unwanted eyes. Survive and you’ll win.

IFIDs:  GLULX-1-170707-869CE4C9
ZCODE-1-170707-7E74
TUID: x14kvpjpv4uosqc7

The Independent Gaming Source
As successful an experience Little Falls is, it still fails on fundamental level of storytelling. I’ll give the game a little credit for being translated from a foreign language—I’m sure some subtleties are lost in translation—but the writing is so heavy handed that there’s no real sense of mystery or fear. The added visuals and audio nearly compensate for this though, allowing the story to unfold in a pleasing manner.

IF-Review
It’s a Fair Cop
Overall, my experience was that the early part of the game, though frequently melodramatic, did draw me into the story and make me afraid for my protagonist; but as I encountered some of the less gracefully-implemented sections of the midgame, I got stalled and this sense of engagement and urgency drained away, so that the endgame did not have quite the impact it could have. Emily Short

A short drama parser game with sounds and images., August 23, 2019

This game has good production values. Background colors, images, sounds, real-time text, etc.

It's a drama. You play a police officer involved in a dramatic incident years in the past. Now a disturbed individual is on the loose and you have to stop them.

The story is very drama-heavy, with flashbacks, dread implications, and so forth.

The effort is here, but some of it could have been redirected in other areas. More synonyms, better hinting. And the emotions are kind of hammered in, something I've had trouble with in my own writing.

A cop's gotta do what a cop's gotta do, January 1, 2008

Little Falls, an experiment within the IF genre, wins its primary bet of immersion through sounds and images, while not being derailed by it's shortcomings.
Assuming the role of a motorcycle police officer, still battling with residuals issues from your past, you pull over a country retreat for an investigation. From here on, your choices will lead you to various degrees of ruin, or salvation.
The game invokes a sense of foreboding, as you caution your way around the house, battle your inner and real life demons. Augmented by image and sound, a sense of pace and time restriction permeate your actions.
The game is short, but well produced. Some minor possibilities for interaction are absent, and NPC interaction is limited, yet what structure there is in the game is enjoyable. The game's puzzles are consistently logical, and the game is specially suited for short replays until you reach the best ending.

If you enjoyed Little Falls...