The Zen Garden

The Zen Garden

by Privateer

Puzzle
2013

This is a text-only brainteaser (with some sound) inspired by Japanese art and haiku.

It's not easy!

It has been designed to be explored and contemplated over endless cups of green tea.

(Perfectly playable online, but downloading will ensure music and occasional SFXs are not missed)

First Publication Date: August 24, 2013
Development System: quest
IFID: 11970D9F-F59F-489C-86D3-629A274FD84B
TUID: w64ip7yketdstbwj

Perfect Use of the Medium, January 17, 2017
by IFforL2 (Chiayi, Taiwan)

One of the things I love about text adventures.co.uk is the unabashedly amateur nature of many of the pieces. But it is nice to see near perfect implementation, and this is one example. In my opinion, this game is as entertaining, sublime and meticulous as many of the IFComp winners that I've played. It is also one of those games you can continue to "play" away from the computer during an interminable meeting or while proctoring final exams.

If you enjoyed The Zen Garden...