Sorcery! 4

by Steve Jackson and inkle

Episode 4 of Steve Jackson's Sorcery!
Fantasy, RPG

You have reached the gates of Mampang, the ancient Fortress of Sorcerers. It is guarded by Birdmen, mutants, traps and ancient, wild magic. But inside is the Crown of Kings and the only hope for peace in the Old World. You must make your way past chasms, guards, walls and evil magic if you are to face the Archmage - and survive.

License: Commercial
TUID: u8mr9jhc1jgxksue

Rock, Paper, Shotgun
Wot I Think: Sorcery! Part 4
Itís still sourcing its core tale from the Steve Jackson classics, but having taken wonderful leaps away to include its own far more elaborate possibilities. And the trajectory of each game being better than the last is not broken in this fourth release, the best yet, and indeed one I now feel comfortable calling one of the finest RPGs ever made. This is spectacular.

TouchArcade
The end of an incredible journey
A proper climax, one worthy of the lengthy journey leading up to it. While Sorcery! 4 might lack the novelty of previous installments, I can't possibly imagine passing up on this game if you've already invested time in the series. Its job is merely to close this saga out with a satisfying bang, and it does that with all the care and style we've come to expect from inkle.

Narrativium
Review: Sorcery! Part 4: The Crown of Kings
The challenge is not merely to win the game by defeating the Archmage , but to achieve the ultimate ending. Even after that, secrets abound... It's this ridiculous level of replayability, much like Inkle's previous 80 Days, that ultimately makes Sorcery! 4: The Crown of Kings so satisfying.

A fitting end to the Sorcery series, July 22, 2020
Related reviews: 2-10 hours

I'm a big fan of the Sorcery series, with part 3 being my favorite.

This one is an appropriate ending for the series. It's huge, absolutely huge compared especially to part 1, and the magic you can gain here is powerful and mysterious.

The ending sequences can be nervewracking and difficult. The art is great, and the music good.

While I like this episode, I still prefer part 3, as part 4 is a bit one-note with its feel of a final confrontation.

If you enjoyed Sorcery! 4...