CC's Road to Stardom

by OK Feather

It's CC's birthday!

Will he be gifted his dream, to become the universe's biggest idol?
He's the cutest creature in the universe after all, so it would only be fair.
If he doesn't, all his friends from the Cosmoose gang can help him. Maybe?

This is a small, heartwarming story you can play with your kids.

First Publication Date: May 2, 2022
Development System: Adventuron
TUID: tyap5ckr5hbkunox

4th Place - Text Adventure Literacy Jam - 2022

Check out my soundcloud, May 25, 2022

I loved this. Like a Saturday morning kid's cartoon scored to the sound of lo-fi space-pop, CC's Road to Stardom is adorable, delightful, silly and disposable. Wander around a little spaceship vibing with your quirky buddies (including a youtuber pigeon), playing through little logic puzzles and word games. Nothing too taxing, just enough to keep you buzzing off the game's brilliant style and mood. Fab comic-book style pixel art graphics and a superb musical score accompany the fun: even a full song with vocals. It's part of "Cosmoose", a multi-media multi-format Gorillaz-like pop music project fronted by cartoon characters (I'm listening to Cosmoose's album Into the Cosmooverse as I write this, in fact - it rules!). CC's Road to Stardom is the 21st century answer to Tass Times in Tonetown.

Gorgeous graphics mixed with classic puzzles but confusing systems, May 18, 2022

This Adventuron game takes full advantage of the system's graphical capabilities. It has excellent pixel art for a multitude of characters and mini-games.

You play as a young sentient animal on a spaceship. You want to be a star, so you go around the ship talking to others and getting advice.

Most interactivity is in the form of riddles or puzzles. There is a language-to-language duolingo-like game for learning languages, a graph theory problem, a logic puzzle, a cryptogram, math problems, etc.

An immense effort has been put into this game. Unfortunately for me, most of it was put into the areas that I am not quite as interested in. As for the main play, there are some frustrations. For instance, typing LOOK won't bring up the room description again, so you have to leave and come back to find out who's there. There is a chicken wing tree, but after you pluck one off and try to eat it it acts like you don't have it. There are occasional typos that distract. Overall, I had fun, but I think the very high production quality of the rest of the game gave me higher expectations for the text-based part.

The art is the best part of the game, with good shading and 3d perspectives.

If you enjoyed CC's Road to Stardom...

Other members recommend these games for people who like CC's Road to Stardom, or gave both high ratings:

Tass Times in Tonetown, by Michael Berlyn and Muffy Berlyn
Tonetown! It's a totally radical dimension where the top tune is Tass by the Daglets, the top Gear is Troppo-Wear, and the UltraTouch haircut is a DieCut by Chaz. What are you doing there? Simple. Your favorite guy, Gramps, has...

Jetbike Gang, by C.E.J. Pacian
You're a member of a jetbike gang. Tiny Twine game for the Twiny Jam. Exactly 300 words.

Alias 'The Magpie', by J. J. Guest
Sir Rodney Playfair, gentleman thief, has a simple plan: impersonate a psychiatrist, infiltrate a country house, steal a priceless Egyptian scarab and make it back to London in time for cocktails. All in a day's work for the illustrious...

This is version 2 of this page, edited by jakomo on 7 June 2022 at 7:40am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item