Play Online

Be There!

by William Dooling profile

"I will be honest: I am disappointed by how this was handled. There is still some chance to fix this, we have a meeting with the client at 1:45 today, in the Starbucks at the IDS center. BE THERE!"

First Publication Date: October 31, 2019
Development System: ADRIFT
TUID: swauyxdv5y5bag3t

Entrant - 2019 ADRIFT Game of the Year Award

6th Place, La Petite Mort - ECTOCOMP 2019

A SpeedIF ADRIFT game made in 4 hours. Make your meeting, or explore a city, November 26, 2019

This game has a lot of good writing and layout, but it suffers from the 4 hour time limit. Very few actions are implemented, even ones close to correct. ADRIFT is especially poor at using responses to incorrect commands to guide the player toward correct commands, and this is no exception. Even consulting those who've won, I haven't been able to complete it, only getting to the (Spoiler - click to show)Runic Doorway in the icy plains while holding the book and wearing the costume. Then I'm stuck.

I enjoyed the writing, but much of the game is difficult to discover. Well-done for a speed-IF, though.

If you enjoyed Be There!...

People who like Be There! also gave high ratings to these games:

Tingalan, by William Dooling
Tingalan is a magic wood where the trees are greatly feared. It's haunted by hares, and phasms, and bears and spirits with bats in their beard

Secret of the Grass Planet, by Bill Ingersoll
It's been four years since you were rescued from Giri Minor, and because of your heroic actions you have been commissioned as an officer in the Astral Navy. Your first assignment as a newly-promoted lieutenant aboard the Starship Orion:...

Skybreak!, by William Dooling
Skybreak! is a science-fantasy role-playing game of galactic proportions: explore distant stars, plunder alien ruins, hunt space pirates, collect beetles, slay gods, make out with sorcerers, and punch cosmic evil in its flabby,...

This is version 3 of this page, edited by Zape on 5 May 2021 at 12:47am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item