Truth is Ghost

by Joel Goodwin

Two mysterious agents called Alpha and Omega chase a traitor, but things may not be as they appear.

An entry in the 2014 Fear of Twine exhibition.

TUID: qy0m441qfz8f5sag

Not to my taste but solid and fun., December 29, 2015

Based on a short story, "Truth is Ghost" is a fascinating exploration of perspective, the paranormal, and murder. As you navigate a variety of character's perspectives you get more and more of a complete picture of events before ultimately coming to a conclusion. My main critiques of the game was that after three playthroughs the full story still eludes my full understanding. Further some of the characters seem little beyond highly exaggerated archtypes rather than full fledged characters even though you basically have their POV at different points. Part of that may be the limitations of keeping a multi-perspective view IF manageable and concise. As a person who loves the IF world for ultra rich and off-beat characters this kind of put me off. Yet it would be wrong to assume these characters aren't fascinating. Ultimately missing some details may be my own fault, but the world created is a bit weaker because a lot of details are left up in the air even for characters who are privy to more information than they share with other characters. Of course, I'm probably being nit-picky because regardless I enjoyed the story!

Bottomline is this a fun game with some minor quirks that meant it wasn't to my exacting taste, BUT it is a fun fantastic little game that most players will love to explore. Highly recommend it to anyone who loves paranormal thrillers and multiple perspectives. Awesome piece. Do yourself a favor and check it out.

If you enjoyed Truth is Ghost...

People who like Truth is Ghost also gave high ratings to these games:

Photopia, by Adam Cadre
"Will you read me a story?" "Read you a story? What fun would that be? I've got a better idea: let's tell a story together."

A Man in His Life, by Yehuda Amichai and sub-Q
Ecclesiastes was wrong about that. A man doesn't have time in his life/to have time for everything.

Sam and Leo Go To The Bodega, by Richard Goodness
One day, Sam Dellaria and Leo Akane dropped acid and went to a bodega. This is their story.

This is version 3 of this page, edited by Lance Campbell on 14 January 2020 at 1:09pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item