Story file
I6 source
This is a pseudo-format used to represent download adviser records that apply to multiple formats. (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

Ombre

by Andrew Plotkin profile, Hugo Labrande, and Monsieur Bouc

Travel

Un jeu qui se passe dans votre appartement.

Language: French (fr)
First Publication Date: August 21, 2015
TUID: qlw5xfl1g4l2i0sb

French translation of Shade, by Andrew Plotkin

Effective in any language. Chilling., August 26, 2019

This game is the French translation (by Hugo Labrande and Monsieur Bouc) of Shade. I found it very useful to use Emily Short's French IF manual (translated by Eric Forgeot).

The translation is implemented very well, with many synonyms and verbs allowed. Due to my difficulty in completely understanding the French, I appreciated having the to-do list; it made completion much better (I had never used it in English; some of the lines made me chuckle).

A worthwhile play, both for Francophones and for others trying to learn French.

If you enjoyed Ombre...

People who like Ombre also gave high ratings to these games:

Stuff of Legend, by Lance Campbell
The only thing worse than being a village idiot is being an unemployed village idiot. Maybe itís time to change careers. Maybe itís time to be a knight.

Pegasus, by Michael Kielstra
Pegasus: the best friend of a democracy and the worst enemy of a dictator. Their Agents safeguard the liberty of the people around the world. Trained by and armed with the best humanity has to offer, they would love to see themselves as...

Slap That Fish, by Peter Nepstad
This time, those fishy bastards are finally going to get what's coming to them.

This is version 3 of this page, edited by jakomo on 18 October 2021 at 1:47pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item