Wake Up.z8
Wake Up.ulx
Wake Up.gblorb

Wake Up

by Phillip J Rhoades profile

You are awake and alone. Unable to move. Unable to fight against the thing slowly rising from within you. Is there any part of you that can resist? Any part that you can still move? (Based on a true event in my life when I was fourteen)

* An EctoComp2018 Game

First Publication Date: October 31, 2018
Forgiveness Rating: Tough
IFID: 9ED1934E-C661-11E8-91AE-64006A3B60E7
TUID: q6v604a5iz69jddq

Entrant, La Petite Mort - EctoComp 2018

A short nightmare speed-IF based on a real experience, October 31, 2018

First, a note about my ratings. This game is very short and is necessarily unpolished (as a game written in just 4 hours). So I took off one star for that.

But I found it had emotional effectiveness, I would play it again, the interactivity worked for me, and the writing was descriptive.

You are having a terrible nightmare and feel paralzyed. There is only a small amount of time to help yourself.

It took me a couple of play-throughs to get through it, but I was impressed at the level of craftmanship in an Ectocomp game. Well done.

If you enjoyed Wake Up...

People who like Wake Up also gave high ratings to these games:

Recursion., by Adrian Belmes
A digital-born hypertext produced in Twine for the San Diego State University 2018 Electronic Literature Competition. The work is a non-linear exploration of the extremes to which individuals will go in pursuit of happiness, revolving...

A Pilgrim, by Caleb Wilson (as Abandoned Pools)
A Pilgrim was written for ECTOCOMP 2020 in four hours. This version was not tested except by me, Abandoned Pools, who also wrote it.

Kerkerkruip, by Victor Gijsbers
Kerkerkruip is a short-form roguelike in the interactive fiction medium, featuring meaningful tactical and strategic depth, innovative game play, zero grinding, and a sword & sorcery setting that does not rehash tired clichés.

Wake Up appears in the following Recommended Lists:

This is version 3 of this page, edited by Phillip J Rhoades (HowToPhil) on 16 July 2020 at 10:39am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item