Wake Up.z8
Requires a Z-Code interpreter. Visit IFWiki for download links.
Wake Up.ulx
Requires a Glulx interpreter. Visit IFWiki for download links.
Wake Up.gblorb
Requires a Z-Code interpreter. Visit IFWiki for download links.

Wake Up

by Phillip J Rhoades profile

You are awake and alone. Unable to move. Unable to fight against the thing slowly rising from within you. Is there any part of you that can resist? Any part that you can still move? (Based on a true event in my life when I was fourteen)

* An EctoComp2018 Game

First Publication Date: October 31, 2018
Forgiveness Rating: Tough
IFID: 9ED1934E-C661-11E8-91AE-64006A3B60E7
TUID: q6v604a5iz69jddq

Entrant, La Petite Mort - EctoComp 2018

A short nightmare speed-IF based on a real experience, October 31, 2018

First, a note about my ratings. This game is very short and is necessarily unpolished (as a game written in just 4 hours). So I took off one star for that.

But I found it had emotional effectiveness, I would play it again, the interactivity worked for me, and the writing was descriptive.

You are having a terrible nightmare and feel paralzyed. There is only a small amount of time to help yourself.

It took me a couple of play-throughs to get through it, but I was impressed at the level of craftmanship in an Ectocomp game. Well done.

If you enjoyed Wake Up...

People who like Wake Up also gave high ratings to these games:

The Surprising Case of Brian Timmons, by Marshal Tenner Winter
You listen to the old broad on the other end of the phone as she finishes her plight. "Brian has gone insane. I've had to have him committed.", she tells you. You haven't seen Brian Timmons in several years and now his distraught mother...

PataNoir, by Simon Christiansen
The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.

Dr Ego and the egg of Man-Toomba, by Special Agent
You are Dr Ego, purveyor of artifacts, seeker of treasure, and adventurous archeologist. You explore the jungles of Papua New Guinea with hopes to find a mysterious artifact - the golden egg of Man-Toomba.

Wake Up appears in the following Recommended Lists:

This is version 3 of this page, edited by Phillip J Rhoades (HowToPhil) on 16 July 2020 at 10:39am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item