Khellsphree

by Ralfe Rich profile

When you lose hope, will you see a white deer?

First Publication Date: April 2, 2020
TUID: pd5uisq3oxnoxpc9

Entrant, Main Festival - Spring Thing 2020

A young orphan gets tangled up in a fairytale amid a difficult life, April 6, 2020

This is a long Twine game entered into Spring Thing. It has a long storyline about a boy who's orphaned and ends up taking care of a younger child while older friends take care of him. He gets involved in a fairy story in a way. The game has long linear stretches with some 'dynamic text choices' and a few binary choices that do seem to affect the storyline.

I grade on a 5 star scale:

-Polish: This game is not polished. There are many typos and other grammatical errors, due most likely to the author being a non-native speaker.

-Descriptiveness: This game is very descriptive, with characters having distinct personalities and voices.

-Emotional impact: I got into the story, so I'm giving a star here as well.

-Interactivity: It was hard to know how much I affected the game, but I affected it somewhat and didn't feel locked out.

-Would I play again? Probably not.

So I would give this 2.5, rounded up to 3.

If you enjoyed Khellsphree...

People who like Khellsphree also gave high ratings to these games:

Bad Water, by Waking Media
A surprising new spin on the "wander-and-wonder" game genre. A tribute to an obscure early 2000s indie game. Can you guess what it is? [Contains Audio and Video which is important to the game.]

Turandot, by Victor Gijsbers
An operatic performance. A tale of atonement. A dating sim with a crocodile pit. Content warnings: sex; sexism and other gender issues; suicide; torture; homophobia; xenophobia.

Midnight. Swordfight., by Chandler Groover
A fool receives a challenge from a countess. Violence. Sex. Profanity. Sausage.

This is version 2 of this page, edited by DevBits on 30 December 2020 at 11:54pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item